Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Shop Pictures
I'm always interested in how other gear heads have their shop set up.

I don't have a dedicated shop. I live in an apartment building.

But I was just thinking this over while working on my bike this morning and thought it would be cool to see what other guys/gals use for a "shop"...

Post pictures on their own or a description of your shop
Gas sucks... Ride a bike
I remember the days of the studio apartment and clearing everything from my work area to do some wrenchin'. It didn't matter how much tarp/plastic I put down the grunge always seemed to find its way to the carpet...

I've moved up a little in the world. The only 2 things I'm missing that I actually kind of need are a vise and a wheel truing stand.[attachment=1612][attachment=1613]
Sweet! All the room one needs and then some!

Here is a thread that you may like... Smile
http://forums.bikeride.com/thread-482.html
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(10-17-2010, 07:00 PM)dave_sd Wrote:  I remember the days of the studio apartment and clearing everything from my work area to do some wrenchin'. It didn't matter how much tarp/plastic I put down the grunge always seemed to find its way to the carpet...

I've moved up a little in the world. The only 2 things I'm missing that I actually kind of need are a vise and a wheel truing stand.

Interesting Dave. Thanks Smile
(10-17-2010, 09:48 PM)Bill Wrote:  Sweet! All the room one needs and then some!

Here is a thread that you may like... Smile
http://forums.bikeride.com/thread-482.html

Exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you for the link !!!!! Smile
Gas sucks... Ride a bike
Here is a pic of a part of my work space.
[Image: P1060249.jpg]
Don't laugh... I know it's a mess. I actually know where most things are!
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
(11-01-2010, 06:44 PM)RobAR Wrote:  Here is a pic of a part of my work space.
[Image: P1060249.jpg]
Don't laugh... I know it's a mess. I actually know where most things are!

I wouldn't call that a mess. It looks fairly organized to me. Things in bins, on pegboard, etc.

Nice.
I agree that's a really sweet work area!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I used to have a Park professional repair stand and truing stand, having bought out a professional shop back in the '80s. But after giving up the sport around 1990, I sold it all. After a 20 year hiatus, I got back in the saddle a few years ago. This winter I'm finally getting a shop set up in my basement, slowly but surely. For a wedding present 3 years ago, my wife had bought me the top of the line "Ultimate" (now "Feedback" Pro-Elite) brand repair stand.

This year's Christmas present from my wife was a workbench. I'm picking up a bench vise this weekend, and some peg board. The next thing I hope to get is another Park pro wheel-truing stand. A work in progress...

[Image: original.jpg]
That's how I started out just little bit at a time. Nice little shop setup you got going on Smile
Here's an updated picture. Something else has happened since I posted the first picture. I just started working at a local shop, Emery's, owned by 1984 Olympic Silver Medalist Brent Emery. Brent is an old friend of mine, who also competed in a 220-mile, one-day ultra-marathon race I use to run back in the '80s, the Race Across Wisconsin.

The TV and video equipment is for watching bike videos while, so I can maintain my sanity while riding my rollers (out of the picture).

[Image: original.jpg]
Wow,
I’m jealous of all those work areas. Too much crap in my garage to work in so I’m working in my room.

[attachment=1976]
[attachment=1977]
my shop has to share space with the lawn furniture in the winter, so i wont take any pics of it till spring.
Get on your bad pedalscooter and ride!
It's nice to have basements so that you have room for a shop. In Florida, a basement is like having a swimming pool under your house.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
(03-03-2011, 05:46 PM)X-RAY Wrote:  my shop has to share space with the lawn furniture in the winter, so i wont take any pics of it till spring.

Lame excuse, X.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

03-05-2020, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Jesper

04-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Last Post: RobAR

02-27-2011, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Bill