Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

My Raleigh 1958
Hi all

This is what I bought about a week back.
Cyclostyle in style
Wow! :O That there is an old fashioned bike! Sweet bike though!
That is awesome! The badge alone I bet would fetch some bucks. How did you come across it?

Steve
Junkyard Tools rescued from the junkyard!
AWESOME BIKE!!!!!!! yes definitely do tell us the story!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(12-29-2010, 01:39 AM)KC-Steve Wrote:  That is awesome! The badge alone I bet would fetch some bucks. How did you come across it?

Steve

Hi Steve, While passing by a cycle shop I noticed this beauty waiting probably to be grabbed by me... This is in India. here in village places we got lot of old bikes still showing up on roads. But truely i was lucky enough to get this marvellous piece of british work.
(12-29-2010, 04:30 PM)Bill Wrote:  AWESOME BIKE!!!!!!! yes definitely do tell us the story!

Hi bill
Not any big story for this lovely bike. I would say I was lucky enough to get it! The man was waiting to abandon her. But now she is in safe hands. i am presently trying to restore this with max.original parts & no painting as decals are not available to me right now. Waiting for decal source.
Cyclostyle in style
(12-27-2010, 05:29 AM)atulkunte69 Wrote:  Hi all

(12-27-2010, 01:37 PM)nameused Wrote:  Wow! :O That there is an old fashioned bike! Sweet bike though!

Guys
Pictures are scattering, not very familiar with uploading. Sorry. Cleaned up this chrome with aluminium foil & some warm water..........it works!!!!!!!!
Cyclostyle in style
(01-06-2011, 09:07 AM)atulkunte69 Wrote:  

(12-27-2010, 01:37 PM)nameused Wrote:  Wow! :O That there is an old fashioned bike! Sweet bike though!

Guys
Pictures are scattering, not very familiar with uploading. Sorry. Cleaned up this chrome with aluminum foil & some warm water..........it works!!!!!!!!

Hi you achieved that using aluminum foil and water. amazing result.
Oh yeah! Now thats an admirable restoration Smile The wheels complying to this method too?
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(01-06-2011, 12:14 PM)Bill Wrote:  Oh yeah! Now thats an admirable restoration Smile The wheels complying to this method too?

So far haven't tried that Aluminum foil onto spokes & wheels. Shortly I will post some pics once I am done.
I have just started scratching onto rim & feels that this is going to work.
Cyclostyle in style
This is a beautiful bike. Older bikes (mean, old) show a great view about the compromise between speed and posture for the city commuter. And surely that's stylish Big Grin
Ok I would definitely be interested in seeing the turnout.
(04-10-2011, 09:54 AM)Bill Wrote:  Ok I would definitely be interested in seeing the turnout.
Hello All
Here are few additions I did this week.The hand pump & tail lamp are in excellent working condition. And Bill..... I couldn't shine rims similar to other chrome parts on the bike, still it's better than before as you can see in hand pump picture.
[attachment=2113]
[attachment=2112]
Cyclostyle in style
Wow still a really good shine though Smile! Be proud of it because that's a piece of history you have there!

this is what i bought bout a week ago
Ok now ya really got my attention that is an older Schwinn Town and Country 3spd Trike!!!! Where in the world did you get that??
(04-11-2011, 07:00 AM)Bill Wrote:  Ok now ya really got my attention that is an older Schwinn Town and Country 3spd Trike!!!! Where in the world did you get that??

i bought it off a friend who had it 3 months he bought it from noter friend who got it from original owner the pic is from when i brought it home i have already cleaned it up it looks awesome
You should start a thread and put these pictures in it. Very sorry I thought you were the original maker of this thread.
It is easy just go to the link below I provide and click the "New Thread" button and call it "Town and Country Trike"
http://forums.bikeride.com/forum-36.html