Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Introduction and my fixer upper
hi, new here. ill be picking brains and searching old posts so i figured id make it official

what i believe to be a 1966 columbia hanover. im having trouble pinpointing the year. but i got help from a columbia fan site and that was the best guess.

ignore the cluttered garage backdrop.

[Image: columbia02.jpg]

[Image: columia04.jpg]

any tips or pointers on where to buy things is much appreciated. not looking for the newest and greatest, just something that works well and is reliable. just want to get it up and running at this point. ill worry about polishing it up later.
In my best Billy F Gibbons (ZZ Top) voice... "yessa I can dig on dat", digthis. I love this kind of job! You have a sweet starting point.

I have no OEM or Branded parts for that particular model but, I have a garage full of multiples of antique junk that is NOS. Smile
I have a thread in another Topic that has pics.
Painkiller will prob dig on it, too.

Wanna sell the firring strips? Smile
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
aaah billy gibbons. patron saint of my home town!

hahah those are hideous blinds unfortunately not firring strips. the sad remainders of a garage sale.

i will however trade you the vintage schwinn handlebars that are on the bike for some more akin to what was originally on it. not hung up on oem at all. i dont have the money/time to fret about that at this point.

also, in the interest of full disclosure im going to be hunting at the very least: front derailleur, cables, tires, handlebars, shift levers, front axle ... probably brake pads... and some chrome polish!
Sit tight... chu done good. I don't need the bar.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Nice project here is the Columbia I restored... http://forums.bikeride.com/thread-1425.html
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(07-21-2011, 05:23 PM)Bill Wrote:  Nice project here is the Columbia I restored... http://forums.bikeride.com/thread-1425.html

very nice! cant wait to get going on mine.
The front fender is on backwards. Looks like a nice project though.
cool bike project! My first thought also, front fender on backwards. I have a line on a couple columbia bikes I will check out for you and see if anything flies
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(07-21-2011, 07:45 PM)painkiller Wrote:  cool bike project! My first thought also , front fender on backwards.I have a line on a couple columbia bikes I will check out for you and see if anything flies

rad. yes fender backwards just kinda slapped it on for the picture. the front axle is stripped and needs replaced so there was nothing to actually mount it to at this time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post