Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Poll: What do you think of it?
Like it!
Don't like it!

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
My new Specialized Carbon Roubaix Elite
Just upgraded my Specialized Sequoia to a Specialized Roubaix Elite Carbon Road Bike. Love the stiffness, Shimano 105 components, and the look. It's quick and takes the climbs a bit easier than the Sequoia. I added Bontrager red accent tires to complement the black, red, and white design.
Nice Bike Teacher i like it can u ship the bike to me LoL
This is an exceptionally beautiful bike! Thanks for sharing the photos!
It's in the mail, Tino! LOL thanks Mike!
Yes that is a pretty neat new design. I have seen a few!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(06-02-2010, 09:16 PM)teacher275 Wrote:  Just upgraded my Specialized Sequoia to a Specialized Roubaix Elite Carbon Road Bike. Love the stiffness, Shimano 105 components, and the look. It's quick and takes the climbs a bit easier than the Sequoia. I added Bontrager red accent tires to complement the black, red, and white design.
I have the same bike but having problems with frame. check out my video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnJ63a-IERw
On Bike Forums there are several threads involving other manufacturers that do not honor the warranty if you are not the original owner. I remember one where the poster bought a carbon fiber frame from a friend of his that was still in the box and either he or a bike shop move the components from his bike to the frame that he bought. The frame ruptured around the bottom bracket not long after he had the bike operational. The company would not honor the warranty for the same reason, he was not the original owner. He tried to get his friend (the original owner) to put the claim in, but it was rejected because he no longer owns the frame so the guy is out the money he paid for the frame.

I have also heard of this happening if you buy a frame on-line and assemble it yourself or have a bike shop that is not a authorized dealer for the frame manufacturer assemble it. With some of the brands that are are carried by some of these on-line bike shops, there are no authorized dealers for those manufacturers that you can take it to. It's a shame but these bike companies have you by the nuts when it comes to warranty issues if you are not the original owner.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
beautiful bike for sure! Bummer for glasair. sorry to hear about that. I believe Carbon does have pros and cons for sure. People do not realize how sensitive carbon products are to such things as clamping pressure, prolonged sun exposure, heat, impact to name a few. Most products should be replaced after about 5 years of use even in perfect conditions.

I think Specialized would like to know how effective the power of the internet can be being as glasair has set a record number of views in such a short time. Bike companies need to realize that the stuff they sell will be sold again and again and that no one should be hurt whether or not they bought it new or used because of a design flaw. in this case I think it would be wise for them to replace the frame and save grace. I as a consumer would feel better with that and would think specialized was a stand up company. I would want the bike back for mere purpose of R+D and to keep my name from being plastered over the net. no matter what my rules about replacement might be. "For the price of a frame keep your fame"

I think this posting from glasair is gonna have an impact no matter what Specialized thinks
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(10-04-2011, 10:02 PM)painkiller Wrote:  beautiful bike for sure! Bummer for glasair. sorry to hear about that. I believe Carbon does have pros and cons for sure. People do not realize how sensitive carbon products are to such things as clamping pressure, prolonged sun exposure, heat, impact to name a few. Most products should be replaced after about 5 years of use even in perfect conditions.

I think Specialized would like to know how effective the power of the internet can be being as glasair has set a record number of views in such a short time. Bike companies need to realize that the stuff they sell will be sold again and again and that no one should be hurt whether or not they bought it new or used because of a design flaw. in this case I think it would be wise for them to replace the frame and save grace. I as a consumer would feel better with that and would think specialized was a stand up company. I would want the bike back for mere purpose of R+D and to keep my name from being plastered over the net. no matter what my rules about replacement might be. "For the price of a frame keep your fame"

I think this posting from glasair is gonna have an impact no matter what Specialized thinks

John v And PainKiller thanks for your comments. Please tell your bike buddies to watch the video. Thanks
Glasair,

Check the Road Bike sub forum on Bike Forums. There is a post (around a month ago) on it where someone dumped a 3 month old Trek on a curb and cracked the chainstay almost in the same spot where yours is cracked. He sent the frame to a company in California and they repaired it. The photos of the repair look like the bike was never damaged. According to his post, he is very happy with the work they did and highly recommends them. If I remember correctly, the cost, including shipping, was around $300.00.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

01-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Last Post: fishboy316