Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Gt Palomar
Started on the ratty Gt I picked up in Indy about the same time Bill started working on his triple triangle.
Other than a few scratches here and there it will be a good user. Slap ed back together with some parts from the used bin. Complete tear down, new kenda Kross tires, new 2300 series Rd,new BB,cables/housing. and already have it sold.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Good looking eye catcher.
Good job, pk! And you've flipped it already?! Time to buy another. Wink
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
It was grab in Indy when I picked up the alien. Did not really want it but I knew I had enough spare parts to make it a user. Paid $25, add some left over parts, couple hours of work and sold it for $175.
the bike retailed new in 2000 for around $220. I normally will get 50% or more of original retail value when I flip them.
The nicer the paint the more I can expect. Most used bikes I get rid of at the very least will have New tubes,tires, cables/housing and a complete overhaul and lube and polished.
one look and ride and the bikes sell themselves. But when you consider the time I spend on them I lose more money than I make
but just cannot seem to give it up. Rockin roll, beer, and tinkering on bikes. just doesn't get any better
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Nice job!
All good things must pass, Parting is such sweet sorrow. Gone tomorrow
so here it is in all its un-Glory. It feels pretty good for an entry level bike that has a couple upgrades. The new owner will really love it.
Awesome looking !!! They will love it!!!!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Thanks Bill, looking forward to see your triple ! hurry up and take your time on those wheels.