Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Rockhopper Comp update
should be finished in the next week. cleaned up nice, added some Jewelry here and there, went with the popular demand silver wheelset "yuk" but It will grow on me I guess. Its still one of the nicest ones I have seen in awhile none the less
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Dear Bob. You have 3-D Violet in all of the right places except for where I told you that it matters Most! Bottle Cages, baby!
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
(10-25-2012, 11:34 PM)RobAR Wrote:  Dear Bob. You have 3-D Violet in all of the right places except for where I told you that it matters Most! Bottle Cages, baby!
Ha hA, its like this Rob, I could not use the black rims because I was out numbered. the cage matches the silver ones. I thought the subtle kisses here and there make the bike "pop" . I felt the cage would be over the top a bit if it were purple. then I would not like the contrast or lack of,using purple bolts with the purple cage. that is the reasoning behind it. I would have still been honored to accept your purple cage. Its always a fine line between balance and symmetry in colors and components to often overlooked and not taken in to account. I know I can be anal about that and will go to great lengths and expense at times to meet that goal. I know I am "clinical" but cannot afford help ! Sad
you know I love ya bro, you guys make my day!
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Very nice touch Bob! Purple does set it off real nice! Big Grin .
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Nicely pimped out Hard Rock . :-)) Ye purple bottle cages and rack......I like the simple classic triangular frame lines. Looks my size too. Be great on Venice Beach.
Never Give Up!!!
look great Smile
Nigel
I will say it sure cleaned up well. Excellent looking. Nice work on the details.
(10-26-2012, 12:10 AM)painkiller Wrote:  
(10-25-2012, 11:34 PM)RobAR Wrote:  Dear Bob. You have 3-D Violet in all of the right places except for where I told you that it matters Most! Bottle Cages, baby!
Ha hA, its like this Rob, I could not use the black rims because I was out numbered. the cage matches the silver ones. I thought the subtle kisses here and there make the bike "pop" . I felt the cage would be over the top a bit if it were purple. then I would not like the contrast or lack of,using purple bolts with the purple cage. that is the reasoning behind it. I would have still been honored to accept your purple cage. Its always a fine line between balance and symmetry in colors and components to often overlooked and not taken in to account. I know I can be anal about that and will go to great lengths and expense at times to meet that goal. I know I am "clinical" but cannot afford help ! Sad
you know I love ya bro, you guys make my day!
Well, Bob. I must confess - you're the King Of Purple and yes, cages would have been too much!
It's not so much that you vetoed on the black rims, it's just that we were watching out for you. Helping you to stay 'period correct', you might say.
If you would quit buying all those bike parts, perhaps you could spend 5 cents with Lucy (Charlie Brown) and get some real help! Wink
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)

Possibly Related Threads...