Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Hi
Hi there here are my bikes. I use a Hack Bike, Mountain Bike and Road Bike. The Hack and Mountain bike I have built or refurbished. My Road bike Giant SCR 3 I bought from new. Over the last few years I have got more pleasure from building my own bikes and the SCR is being used less and less as I tend to prefer XC and short tours to Road Riding these days. I also will ride in year round so like to have full mudguards. I’m not interested in the lightest most expensive or modern gear in the world as long as its fit for purpose. As a lifelong cyclist I just enjoy the feeling of getting out there in the fresh air regardless of what the weather throws at me. I put together a web site http://www.suffolkcycle.co.uk/ with details of some of my builds.
Nice job
Very nice bikes. Also I looked at your website and found the Raliegh 20, it amused me on how you described its purpose. Hahaha. Very nice website loaded with great information.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I like the new headset and fork you put on the TREK. How do you like the Bomber?
(01-01-2010, 04:07 PM)Jordan300 Wrote:  I like the new headset and fork you put on the TREK. How do you like the Bomber?

I really like the Bomber it was given some good reviews and I didn't want to spent too much, after all the bike is a low end Trek. I also needed to mount V Brakes and not many forks allow that these days. I used it all last summer on some great trails in Surrey Uk I found it really capable especially over the loose stone and tree roots it has never bottomed out and instantly gave more confidence on the faster sections especially after changing the front tyre to a Panaracer Fire Xc Pro. My only criticism of it is it is a little heavy.