Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Fix fork lockout? Scott Aspect 750
Hi there,

I just bought a 2014 Scott Aspect 750 - my first bike in >10 years. I know nothing about bikes at all. The basics of the bike were shown to me but I tried to move the lockout with a bit of weight on it, and I broke it.

The fork on this bike is: Suntour XCT-MLO 27.5", Lockout

I've taking a video showing the springy-ness of the lockout: https://vid.me/zZFj

Found some YouTube videos showing guys popping the top off the lockout with a screwdriver, but that doesn't seem to want to work for me - I broke a small piece of plastic off the lockout switch (cosmetic only)

Please help! I'd take it back to the bike shop, but it's a bit of a drive away, and I'd like to be able to use the bike this weekend! It is currently stuck in the unlocked position.

Thanks!
you can try to remove the cap and put it back on, there is a wrench that fits the knotches but you can carefully do it with a monkey wrench. or forget the lockout and replaace with standard top cap. most shops would have one.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Any suggestions on where to buy the wrench and standard top cap online? I'll definitely monkey wrench it off for now... I'm about 1.5 hrs drive from my nearest bike shop.

(05-15-2015, 05:56 PM)painkiller Wrote:  you can try to remove the cap and put it back on, there is a wrench that fits the knotches but you can carefully do it with a monkey wrench. or forget the lockout and replaace with standard top cap. most shops would have one.
have you got the blue adjuster on the bottom of the right leg? If so, is it wound fully in?

(This is the lock out blow off adjuster and if it's wound off fully, the forks will not lock out at all)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

08-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Last Post: JonB