Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

My bike projects
Nothing technical with my bike, just wanted to make it more interesting.
Its made up of two bmx's, 1. Hallmark boys bmx my friend gave me, 2. A pink 10 year old girls bmx. So i used the pink bmx to add the handlebars, seat and front wheel.
And i got the blue handgrips and green chain off ebay.
Just something fun and easy to ride around town!
Here is the real challenge.
I have an old Australia Post Postie bike. I used to work for them and one day they were doing a bike clean out and i found 3 bikes in the dumpster. I asked the manager if i could have one, he looked at me funny but said yes. The one i picked was the best out of the three, although i was missing a wheel and a seat which made it more difficult to take home on the train!
When i got it, it was covered in dirt, leaves and had a plant vine growing all around the frame.
So far i have taken off the grips, brake lever, sprocket cover and wheels and given it a good clean. It was so dirty but now it is starting to shine!
Next is to strip the paint and decide on a new colour!

This bike is going to be great for shopping trips as it has the front rack bolted to the frame and the back rack for pannier bags.
Sweet cargo bike! Definately would have been a shame for that to end up as scrap. Looks like you might have a drum brake on the front wheel.
Nice set of bikes!! Pimpin I think is how they say it on the 1st lol. Nice restore project on the 2nd!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!