Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Carradice Saddlebags
Has anyone use a Carradice Pendle Saddlebag as a handlebar bag? This is one of the small ones they have. I have check and it looks like I have room for them on my drop bars and still be able to use my hand brakes good. I just don't like all the handlebar bags I have seen this looks like it will do a better job for me anyway. I have the Nelson Long Flap bag on the back of my saddle now. And also I have there Panniers both front and back. I think the Carradice Panniers are the best out here but others I have talk to think the weight of them is to heavy. But a set front and back are only about 8 pounds in all witch is not heavy to me. And the cost of these are a lot better than anything I could find. And besides this is what a lot of touring folks use maybe not so much in the USA but I still think they are the best out here to use. I look at it when you pack all of your gear you bicycle is going to be a little heavy anyway. Thats part of doing a tour anyway if you camp out and have your food with you this will save a little money in the long run. And you get to meet a lot of nice folks while you are touring.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Here is a pic of the Saddlebag I am talking about.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Well, the best saddle bags are made by Ortlieb. They are waterproof, really proof not "leak through on a long ride and find on the end that your clothes / sleepbag are wet". One of my colleagues has a set and took them touring in the scottish highlands.