Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Campagnolo peanut butter wrench - substitute?
I have an old bike that has a campagnolo crank on it with a 15 mm bolt holding it on.

After a fair amount of research and trying different sockets I have found the tool I need. It's called a peanut butter wrench. It's seems to be around 35$ on the internet.

Does anyone know of a substitute for this tool that's cheaper? Many Thanks!
(05-25-2010, 11:25 PM)shmule05 Wrote:  I have an old bike that has a campagnolo crank on it with a 15 mm bolt holding it on.

After a fair amount of research and trying different sockets I have found the tool I need. It's called a peanut butter wrench. It's seems to be around 35$ on the internet.

Could you share the link or a picture of your crank? This would help us bigtime.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
If the problem with normal sockets is that they don't fit into the hole because the walls are too think, you can buy things called "thin wall sockets". You should be able to get one for a lot less than $35.
Here's a picture of it. Thanks for the help. Apparently kyle tools sells them for 12.99. Probably going to get this one. Seems like a good investment. Thanks!!

(05-26-2010, 07:23 AM)Bill Wrote:  
(05-25-2010, 11:25 PM)shmule05 Wrote:  I have an old bike that has a campagnolo crank on it with a 15 mm bolt holding it on.

Could you share the link or a picture of your crank? This would help us bigtime.

[attachment=950]
I wanted to post several times, but the forum (only on this thread) kept eating my posts and then stating that I had posted them... weird.
Try a spark plug wrench or something like this http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:lSBG3EPAdT7kAM:https://www.shoppingpoint24.com/images/produkte/513169.jpg
Hmm you know Park Tools makes (made?) a wrench similar to that. Only problem is that I think it is only one wrench a 14mm, 15mm, and 16mm extruding ends with a screw driver end on it (for the crank but removal). I have one but do not know the number of it. Later today I will post a picture of it.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!

Possibly Related Threads...