Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
Shimano Hyperglide 8 Speed
I have a Cannondale F500, need to replace the rear cassette on it with a new one and also gonna stick a new chain on it.

It's got a Shimano Hyperglide 8 Speed at present with a Sachs chain, I was going to replace like for like as always been happy with it's performance.

What I would like to know is what's the best chain for the Hyperglide, I was going to stick a shimano one on so they match, also can i use one of those SRAM powerlinks on a shimano chain or does it have to be on a SRAM one?

Thanks for the help
Cannondale, handmade in USA............................................Refined in Surrey, England
I prefer the SRAM chains and they seem to work fine with Shimano, but that's not based on anything scientific. But I wouldn't mix parts on the chain itself.
SRAM powerlinks will work on a shimano chain, but you might as well whack a SRAM chain on because they last longer compared to the equivalent Shimano one. They will work with a Shimano cassette. Pick a Shimano cassette with the same gear sizes and price range as your present one and all should be fine if you're happy with its current performance.
Cheers fellas.

Looks like a Hyperglide cassette and an Sram chain and link will be heading my way soon.
Cannondale, handmade in USA............................................Refined in Surrey, England

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remove a Shimano 7 Speed Screw on Freewheel ? pippobaudo 6 32,198 07-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Joe_W
  Shimano 10 speed cassette andymeek 3 7,130 06-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Last Post: cyclerUK