Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

UpDate on old 10 Speed Bicycle
Well today was nice and warm about 55 deg. So I went out to my shop and put on the first of three coats of paint on the 10 speed. The front fork is Satin Black and the main frame is Satin Italian Olive. I think its going to look pretty good. My LHT is Olive green so why not make this one to look a little like my LHT in color anyway.Heck spring is not here yet but the weather was just to good to past up for painting. Last night I finish up truing up the wheels. This was not to hard after I read how to do it yea right huh lol. But anyway I got it done and was very happy to do it my self. Now I want the paint to hurry up and dry lol so I can get the next on it then will come the last coat. Then the wait will be to let all dry for at lease 48 hours before I can start to put it all back. So if all goes well it could be finish by the end of this mouth but I don't see the weather will hold out that long for me. By the time spring is here it will be ready. I'll post pics as soon as I can but not until its all back up.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Good luck! Did you use the park tools link I gave you on the chatbox to true your wheels?
I look forward to the pics. I like light green bikes.
Sounds like you had a very accomplished day Surly Smile . It will turn out awesome.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Just to let all know The paint job is now finish weeeeeee. This weekend I should be able to start to put it back together. I still have to get a new drop handlebar for it and a new saddle for it as well I think Wal-Mart will have a cheap saddle for it lol. I have a drop handlebar lock in I just got to order it. Its been a long haul to get this bicycle redone. But looks like it will be in a week or two. I wanted to do it last year but we had a death in the family and it took me a while to get my head back on. My dad was 78 sure miss him a lot now. He would have love to help me on this bicycle stuff here he had a way of doing stuff like know other could.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.

Possibly Related Threads...