Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Schwinn Caliente Women's 12 speed
Ok this is a Schwinn Caliente Women's 12 speed Carbon Frame which I saw up the street by a garage. They were tearing down a house and being the restorer and bike fanatic I am asked what they were going to do with it. The main guy said he would asked and to come back. Well after going back 5 times he finally said just take it, I was like ok. I really did not do too much to this one . The basic overhaul and clean up.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(07-15-2010, 09:01 AM)Bill Wrote:  Ok this is a Schwinn Caliente Women's 12 speed Carbon Frame which I saw up the street by a garage. They were tearing down a house and being the restorer and bike fanatic I am asked what they were going to do with it. The main guy said he would asked and to come back. Well after going back 5 times he finally said just take it, I was like ok. I really did not do too much to this one . The basic overhaul and clean up.

Kewl, I would say that is a nice find if it wasn't pink. Big Grin (just kidding) Actually, I was noticing that it has some nice features such as the suicide brake levers. Those tended to be on upper-scale Schwinns back in the day. That day looks to be around the mid-80s. No doubt you can make some money on it! Good luck.

BTW, when you said "Carbon Frame" I almost fell over thinking carbon-fiber frame. Big difference.

Steve
Junkyard Tools rescued from the junkyard!
Hi,
May anyone please be so kind and point me to the right direction... i have this bicycle and need to remove the original crankset... i unscrewed the outer nuts, but what's next? thanks
(07-20-2010, 12:40 AM)vbekker Wrote:  Hi,
May anyone please be so kind and point me to the right direction... i have this bicycle and need to remove the original crankset... i unscrewed the outer nuts, but what's next? thanks

Hi vbekker,
Did you take off the crank arms yet? This video shows how... http://bikeride.com/replace-cotterless-cranks/ . The next step is get a tool like this one .... http://www.parktool.com/parktoolgear/detail.asp?cat=72&item=SPA--4 . Then insert the pins into the slots. Turn the same direction as you did with the outer ring nut which is counterclockwise. Good reference to this part is this video .. http://bikeride.com/bottom-bracket/ . If there is anything else you need to know please asked Smile .

Bill
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Now Bill I want my pink bicycle back I forgot to go get it.ROFLMAO
As always you get to find so many KOOL bikes.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Lol well it is for sale!
[attachment=1488]
(07-15-2010, 12:26 PM)KC-Steve Wrote:  Kewl, I would say that is a nice find if it wasn't pink. Big Grin (just kidding)

Steve

my version: yellow/black...perfect bike for little women like me..just made it a touch less girlie-girly
Lol, Yours is much nicer with upgrades galore! Here in a while I am going to go pic up a Mountain Bike Version of this! Yea still pink. Welcome to the forums by the way! Smile
Hi
well if anyone needs Schwinn Caliente parts I have some..purchased crashed fork womens 26" wheel bike full size..kept shifters derailurs handlebar calipers ,,not sure if appropriate to post this here please let me know..bike ran well but scrapped frame sold wheels
would ship too if someone needs them ...cheap as well ..
help others what its about IMO ..
Thank you
Teisco_Kid
Usually we don't post for sale stuff in another's thread, but rather in the topic area of "Marketplace". Don't worry no big deal. Wink. Market place let's you itemize what you have for sale in your own thread. I do have a question. You say you still have the wheels?
(05-29-2011, 01:50 AM)Bill Wrote:  Usually we don't post for sale stuff in another's thread, but rather in the topic area of "Marketplace". Don't worry no big deal. Wink. Market place let's you itemize what you have for sale in your own thread. I do have a question. You say you still have the wheels?

No I sold rear/ front was bad ..sorry (Teisco_Kid)
Being I have had this bike for almost two years and no one has bought it or wanted it after offering for free, her time may be up! Sad . So after she is stripped down there maybe parts extra available to members here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

01-11-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: BillG

08-21-2019, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Zviedrs

09-23-2015, 11:17 PM
Last Post: nfmisso