Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Bicycle Retail Therapy
Even when the weather is bad and you can't go out riding I find you can still enjoy yourself by tinkering on the bike, servicing it and putting some new bits on it.

I ordered a load of parts for my bike and they all came today, now I don't know if it's just me but I find something very satifysing about opening a brand new box and getting a new shiny part out. I even take great pleasure in reading the little pamphlet things that come with new bits.

All I need to do now is to wait for it to stop raining so I can go out and try them on the bike, well I wouldn't want it to get wet, I've spent all evening fitting bits and washed and polished the bike up so it looks like new.
Cannondale, handmade in USA............................................Refined in Surrey, England.
- Cannondale F500, Kona Blast, Kona Caldera-
I know the feeling all to well lol. You are right it is fun to open up box's. I have a few coming here in a few days too. Rain or shine I will get them on. I always try to keep my bike looking like new. :-)
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Agree it is always nice for one to take pride in something they believe in and have a feeling of self accomplishment.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
That's why I build wheels: take a mid range hub, cheap rim, good spokes (don't go budget there) and build something that is really nice. While it is not shiny or too high end, it performs well and is sturdy (running short stairs with road wheels... well, rims are consumables).
Which is why I'll be stalking the UPS truck until my new tool set arrives this week! Smile