Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
25.2 seatpost
HELP! A neighbour has given us a vintage Hiawatha bike. It's coveted by my very tall foster son. But the seat post is way to short for his 6"+ frame. The local bikeshop does not carry a 25.2 seatpost.

The only source I can see online is a place called wiggle in England - but this will cost me over $100.

I'm hoping there are other options. Please help me find the right sized post, or another alternative.

Crossing my fingers and toes for a solution.
(04-18-2010, 01:18 AM)cindy Wrote:  HELP! A neighbour has given us a vintage Hiawatha bike. It's coveted by my very tall foster son. But the seat post is way to short for his 6"+ frame. The local bikeshop does not carry a 25.2 seatpost.

The only source I can see online is a place called wiggle in England - but this will cost me over $100.

I'm hoping there are other options. Please help me find the right sized post, or another alternative.

Crossing my fingers and toes for a solution.

Not going to make assumptions, so what country you from? This way I know where to steer clear of.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Is there another bike shop? Most shops can (and will, or should) order parts, even if it is somewhat special. I bought a seat post for my Peugeot a while ago, it was also a size they had to order.
25.4 should be a much more common size. Get one of those and sand it down. You only have to remove .1 mm from the surface.