Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
Pedals won't turn forward
okay, so i have a 1982 Schwinn Varsity 10 speed, 27 in wheels that i picked up used from Oscar Wastyn Bike Shop in Chicago. I took it for a short ride around the corner when i first got it and it rode fine (they tune them up and repair them before selling used bikes) Today, I pulled it out of the basement to put on the bell and some other accessories that i had bought. the front tire was a little flat so i pumped it up but caused the tire to become improperly seated. So I removed the front wheel and took care of that problem. I reattached the wheel and Afterwards, I tried to take it for a ride. I started to go but the the back wheel stopped turning after I shifted gears. When I pedal it backwards it goes just fine but when I pedal forwards it's like the kids bikes that have breaks on them when you pedal backwards. I don't know what happened to it, it didn't fall or anything while I was fixing the wheel. Anyone have any ideas? I would appreciate the help

Maybe got the wheel put back on uncentered and it is rubbing on the frame or brakes

if you have a geared bike your chain might have gotten off of the back sprocket or you might want to check your gear cable if it is bent it might affect something.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chains don't move when I pedal forward. novicecyclist 1 7,007 03-30-2014, 02:58 PM
Last Post: cny-man
  Slight forward play on drivetrain British Eagle 2 2,291 11-12-2013, 08:28 PM
Last Post: British Eagle
  Rear 5th gear slipping every quarter turn kirklikecaptain 3 7,256 09-06-2010, 08:31 AM
Last Post: trevgbb
  Back cassette won't move forward, any ideas? maraiylander 2 6,445 08-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Last Post: JonB