Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

My new Gary Fisher Marlin Disc
This is me and my 2 month old 2009 Gary Fisher Marlin Disc out on some trails. Really fun bike to ride off road and I love getting it muddy. I use it on the pavement also (streets and bike paths) cause it's my only bike for now but am considering picking up a road bike also.

I think I'm gonna like this website and forums. Lot's of good info here. Just wanted to introduce myself and show my new bike.

[attachment=1011]
I'd rather be on my mountain bike thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my mountain bike
Welcome to the forums and I like this photo because it shows your MTB (Mountain Bike) after a little ride on a trail. Very nice bike looks strong!!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
V. Nice.

Isn't it odd how fashions change, all the newer bikes seem to be fairly dark, sombre colours. Back in the 90's you couldn't move for fluorescent yellows, pinks and greens, still, I see you've made up for it with the shirt. Smile
(06-16-2010, 08:48 AM)Bill Wrote:  Welcome to the forums and I like this photo because it shows your MTB (Mountain Bike) after a little ride on a trail. Very nice bike looks strong!!

Thanks Bill. Yea, I have plenty of photos of the bike cleaned up but I like to show it in it's natural environment. Yes, it is strong and light for a hard tail and climbs like a goat.
(06-16-2010, 10:59 AM)xerxes Wrote:  V. Nice.

Isn't it odd how fashions change, all the newer bikes seem to be fairly dark, sombre colours. Back in the 90's you couldn't move for fluorescent yellows, pinks and greens, still, I see you've made up for it with the shirt. Smile

Thanks, I know what you mean about the darker colors. For a mountain bike I like the darker more subdued colors. I ride about 5 miles on the streets to the trails so I wear bright colors to be seen on the road. Too bad they didn't make a reversible bike shirt. Neon green on one side for the road and camouflage on the other side for the trails... ;>)
I'd rather be on my mountain bike thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my mountain bike
Quote:I wear bright colors to be seen on the road.

Very wise. I got fed up with car drivers pulling out in front of me last winter, so I Bought some much brighter lights and some tyres with a reflective strip. It still happened on occasion, you could be lit up like the Las Vegas Strip and some myopic motorists still won't see you.
I agree with the brighter colors, I want to get this really bright yellow shirt I saw a gentleman on a motorcycle have. On it was printed with bold lettering on the back ,"CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?". I was like that is EXACTLY what I need. One could always have a jersey type shirt tucked away in a carry bag.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Here's my GF Marlin sans disk. Aftermarket wheels and tires. Just got it and rode it a couple of times. From the condition of the bike (used), I wonder if the previous owner even rode it. It's super clean. I'm quite impressed with the stability and ability for variety of climbing, flat speeds and mashin' gears uphill. It climbs beautifully. Perfect bike for the price!

[attachment=1145]
Nice bikes both of them. thats a nice spot mofongo, where are you ?? How come the bike is muddy and you are not. :-)))

Both of you may find adding bar extensions useful to change hand positions and for climbing.

Here is a typical one make sure it fits your bars. Here is my 91 Schwinn with bar ends.

http://www.amazon.com/Titec-L-bends/dp/B001BYOOCY/
Never Give Up!!!
Hey GeorgeET, thanks for the heads up on the bar extension.

I've ridden through Venice Beach many a time on the pathway along the pacific there. I remember how nice it was to ride along with the prevailing breeze off the coast. But going against it?...Man.... the quads were barking at me at the end of the ride. Loved every minute of it.

(07-11-2010, 02:21 PM)GeorgeET Wrote:  Nice bikes both of them. thats a nice spot mofongo, where are you ?? How come the bike is muddy and you are not. :-)))

Both of you may find adding bar extensions useful to change hand positions and for climbing.

Here is a typical one make sure it fits your bars. Here is my 91 Schwinn with bar ends.

Nice looking Marlin. I love the wheels with the blue rims. I agree about climbing, these bikes climb like billy goats!

(07-11-2010, 12:33 PM)lebleup Wrote:  Here's my GF Marlin sans disk. Aftermarket wheels and tires. Just got it and rode it a couple of times. From the condition of the bike (used), I wonder if the previous owner even rode it. It's super clean. I'm quite impressed with the stability and ability for variety of climbing, flat speeds and mashin' gears uphill. It climbs beautifully. Perfect bike for the price!

That is in some trails in Chestnut Ridge Park outside of Buffalo NY. I guess I stayed clean because I stayed on the bike for a change... ;>)

I have been looking into getting bar ends, thanks for the reply....

(07-11-2010, 02:21 PM)GeorgeET Wrote:  Nice bikes both of them. thats a nice spot mofongo, where are you ?? How come the bike is muddy and you are not. :-)))

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

09-27-2014, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Painkiller

08-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Last Post: JohnV