Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
Sturmey Archer fixed geared hubs
I see that SA are making a 2 and 3 speed fixed gear hub, as anyone any experience of using these?
http://www.sturmey-archer.com/products/hubs/cid/3/id/47
Where have you been, SA have been making 3 speed hubs for over 100 years. Smile

I have only had experience with the old 50's stuff, which wasn't great, but I doubt it bears much resemblance to the current models.

Have a look at this: http://hubstripping.wordpress.com/internal-gear-hub-review/
Not too sure of the year but Schwinn had a model that was 2 speed in the 80's or 70's .
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Keep looking at the Sturmey Archer website. This is quite a collection of vintage information that includes release dates and history. There are also a few sites dedicated to S-A hubs that do a very good job of documenting the history of this fine company and their products since 1909 or so.
[size=small][/size][font=Arial][size=medium][color=#FFA500]Things are getting worse faster than I can lower my standards[/color][/font][/size]
FYI that the original poster is asking about multispeed FIX GEAR hubs, not the normal internal gear hubs that have been made for a long time.

I have not ridden one of these. Seems like a very cool idea. Downsides are weight and I think there is a little bit of play between going forward and back so it would feel a little like a fix with a loose chain.

SA also has a new version of the 2 speed kickback hub out (no shifter, shift by back pedaling). Anyone tried on of those yet?
(01-18-2011, 05:09 PM)DaveM Wrote:  FYI that the original poster is asking about multispeed FIX GEAR hubs, not the normal internal gear hubs that have been made for a long time.

I have not ridden one of these. Seems like a very cool idea. Downsides are weight and I think there is a little bit of play between going forward and back so it would feel a little like a fix with a loose chain.

SA also has a new version of the 2 speed kickback hub out (no shifter, shift by back pedaling). Anyone tried on of those yet?

I stand corrected. It will be me that looks further at the SA site now :-)
[size=small][/size][font=Arial][size=medium][color=#FFA500]Things are getting worse faster than I can lower my standards[/color][/font][/size]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ID Campag Hubs - Chorus? gfish 0 2,608 10-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Last Post: gfish
  Looking for a fixed gear bike under $300 carlford 2 3,710 01-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Last Post: carlford
  Need input on choosing the correct SA hubs silvercreek 2 2,766 02-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Last Post: silvercreek