Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Chain wear tests.
I came across this and thought it might be of interest to anyone buying a new chain: http://www.cantitoeroad.com/connex.php

This tests was performed by Wippermann, the makers of Connex chains and the Connex come top in terms of wear. However, I thought it would be interesting to see how they compared on cost. Using Google Shopping I came up with the figures below.

Campagnolo chains come out best value, so although these are all 10 speed chains, I will try a Campagnolo Record 9 speed when I next need a chain.
Thanks for the information xerxes!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(07-01-2010, 07:54 AM)xerxes Wrote:  [...]
This tests was performed by Wippermann, the makers of Connex chains and the Connex come top in terms of wear. [...]

Hm. As a scientist I have to admit I am less than convinced by these circumstances. But a good find! I think that the numbers should not be too far off.
Recently snapped my chain. Stock chain on my Surly CC is a Shimano HG-72 for a 9-speed cassett. I'm looking to replace the chain with a similar Shimano chain. What is the difference (other than the price) between the HG-72, the HG-73, the HG-93.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post