Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Park Tire/CHAIN-ger
Anyone have one of these or remember them? It is a park tool that fits on 1" - 1 3/8" frame tube. You can use it as a tire lever, chain lifter, or chain compressor when working with chain rivets! As far as tire levers well got a few of them, chain lifter definitely keep my hands dry, and the best feature I love is the chain compressor!! So many times I needed something like this. They can be made by taking an old coat hanger wire and bending it.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Wow, that looks pretty useful! None on ebay though.
Hehehe yup that is where I got it lol!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I just was checking out this thread yesterday and thought it might be handy to have, but none on ebay. Checked on ebay today and lo & behold, there was one. Snatched it up right away. Thanks Bill, I would never have known about this tool.
Pete

Ride on, keep on riding
Riding on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
Ride on, gonna have myself a good time - AC/DC

Wow Bill - cool find! I remember those. Are we showing our age? Wink

Park has had numerous tools over the years that didn't quite make it due to the resourcefulness of cyclists. It is alway cool to find one still in its package, though. If my memory serves me correct, those were from the early '90s. Maybe late '80s.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
I still have mine in it original package, was gonna open and use it but thought man... this is gonna be worth something in the future. If not then one helluva conversation piece for a bike shop chat lol.

@barefooter : They are really handy to have and definitely a plus tool. Being they are not in production anymore if one could make a homemade type rig they would be an awesome asset to the tool board/box if they did not want to use the original.

@RobAR : Too bad they did not last. As far as showing our age hehehe I guess we are a little bit. I refuse to grow up lol. Your memory serves correct about late 80's. I think this one might have been outsourced production though. That part of it I could not honestly answer. Wish they brought them back because for a majority I think they would sell if they added another valuable use for them like another attachment if possible. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...