Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

New bike or new drive
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew what make/model/year this bike is.

Also if it is worth fixing or just dumping and getting a new one.
I think it needs a new drivertrain.

Anything can help.
What's the problem with it as it is?
(07-18-2010, 08:43 PM)xerxes Wrote:  What's the problem with it as it is?

The Chain slips under foot pressure. You replied to my other post.

I am having issues with one of my bikes (Malvern star Rock trails) this bike is a hard tail Mountain bike I got it a few months back and just started to fix it up. It is a perused bike and I have clean it , lined up the front and rear derailleur, checked for stiff links and worn teeth but all seems fine also have checked for chain stretch and all seem good. The one conclusion I have came up with it the chain is to long by 3 or 4 links but my bike store said that it’s might not be the problem. So if you can help me in any way it would be very helpful.
Bill thinks it is worth to fix every bike. I'd say: do you really like the bike? Do you enjoy how it rides? Then: yes, you could replace (and upgrade) the drive train. Last year's parts are cheap and you can get a decent setup for not too much money. Personally I'd say from the components used and the look of the bike (saddle, stem etc.) it is more of a lowish end bike. If you really want to fix (well, upgrade) it: do so.
(07-20-2010, 02:47 AM)Joe_W Wrote:  Bill thinks it is worth to fix every bike. I'd say: do you really like the bike? Do you enjoy how it rides? Then: yes, you could replace (and upgrade) the drive train. Last year's parts are cheap and you can get a decent setup for not too much money. Personally I'd say from the components used and the look of the bike (saddle, stem etc.) it is more of a lowish end bike. If you really want to fix (well, upgrade) it: do so.

ok i will thanks
Looks like your bike is from a company out of Australia here is their link ... http://www.malvernstar.com.au/ .

@Joe hahaha yes sir that is me. Smile
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(07-20-2010, 07:51 AM)Bill Wrote:  @Joe hahaha yes sir that is me. Smile

I figured since you always quote the "rims are consumables" I could do likewise... Wink
Yep that is fair Big Grin
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!

Possibly Related Threads...