Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
More on the Sprite
Ok,

Last night was a busy night at my house and I didn't get much time to search for a serial number. I found what looked like one stamped onto the bottom of crank hub. But the number and format (i.e.--sequence of numbers and letters) didn't match any of the formats I found on line. Two questions.

1. Any ideas where else I can look on my bike for a different number or other resource?

2. I started looking at wheels on Nashbar but need a little more guidance. Can I use a quick release? Steel? Aluminum? Bare bones basic? Should I replace both front and rear? Bear in mind I'm trying to keep my costs down right now.

Thanks in advance.
(07-23-2010, 06:19 PM)Bikeshrink Wrote:  Ok,

Last night was a busy night at my house and I didn't get much time to search for a serial number. I found what looked like one stamped onto the bottom of crank hub. But the number and format (i.e.--sequence of numbers and letters) didn't match any of the formats I found on line. Two questions.

1. Any ideas where else I can look on my bike for a different number or other resource?

2. I started looking at wheels on Nashbar but need a little more guidance. Can I use a quick release? Steel? Aluminum? Bare bones basic? Should I replace both front and rear? Bear in mind I'm trying to keep my costs down right now.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Bikeshrink,
I really do not know if this will help or not bot I found this old ad ... http://www.sheldonbrown.com/retroraleighs/catalogs/1977/pages/10-77-sprite-27.html . Also I searched google and copied the link for you to get the results here .. http://www.google.com/search?q=Raleigh+Sprite&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a .

Good luck cheers,
Bill
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!