Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

New Bike = New tools to buy
Have many of you experienced this? I bought a brand new 2010 bike.

I'll need a new bottom bracket tool so far.

I'm sure I'll need some other ones as I go along. I guess it's a good way to keep my shop up to date.
Nope not 2010 but last year. Although it was not a Specialized, Trek, Campy, or anything top of the line it was brand new. Tools, hehe one can never have enough of them Wink So I agree with ya there Jordan.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I got that bottom bracket tool and used it just now. Works great. I also realized my new setup doesn't even need a pedal wrench.
You guys ought to work in a shop and try keeping up with all of the little specialty tools required to do the most simple things! Dang it... I had to buy a set of special tools just to be able to work on the new Bontrager hubs. And a tool for the Madone BB that is plastic and cost $15 that I could have made from the neck of a 2 Litre Dr Pepper bottle. But it comes in TREK Red so, I guess it was worth it.

Tools are cool. I'm just getting tired of trying to remember what each of them is for. I know what my hammer is for.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
i've contemplated getting a part time job as a wrench in a shop on my days off, but then I'd never have time to ride.
Haahaha ok I'll agree with ya there. I've been some what inactive on here because of my job. As time allows though I try to keep up with things on here though. There was a tool I needed and kept fumbling around with channel locks and a big crescent wrench which the right size I needed was 29mm for a headset nut. So after looking everywhere and seeing that no tool company made a thin spanner, I contacted my good friend right here on the forums KC-Steve to make me one. So after his good craftsmanship completed it I got it in the mail and it is really aweseome! So yeah I know the feeling of needing specialty tools for certain jobs. Yes if I need another I'll asked him first!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
awesome job KC Steve! custom tools, sweet.

Possibly Related Threads...