Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

[attachment=1380]

Got this bike in June, have put about 200 miles on it since. Would be more but the last 4 weeks have been with a minor compression fracture of articular surface of radial head (cracked elbow basically which was about 100% after 3 weeks), chip fracture at volar base of middle phalanx (fractured middle finger still 2 to 4 weeks from healed well), and a corner fracture at the base of proximal phalanx of ring finger (corner piece fracture at ringer finger where meets palm, also still 2 to 4 weeks out from well healed), Ride safe never know when or how it can happen.
(08-13-2010, 12:01 AM)kokopello Wrote:  Got this bike in June, have put about 200 miles on it since. Would be more but the last 4 weeks have been with a minor compression fracture of articular surface of radial head (cracked elbow basically which was about 100% after 3 weeks), chip fracture at volar base of middle phalanx (fractured middle finger still 2 to 4 weeks from healed well), and a corner fracture at the base of proximal phalanx of ring finger (corner piece fracture at ringer finger where meets palm, also still 2 to 4 weeks out from well healed), Ride safe never know when or how it can happen.

WOW! I can feel you man. My stitches on my eyelid (could have lost eye) seems less of a big deal reading your situation. I hope you get back on board soon!!
MORE BIKES!! LESS CARS!!
PS, I like your signature.
Phew glad to hear the bike will be ok, Yeti's are an expensive bike. WAIT, That is just really bad humor to try to make you feel better. Seriously I am sorry you had such a bad incident and will get better fast! Don't let the bad incident scare ya. Just takes time and confidence building. Smile
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
O ya its not my first rodeo, last serious injury was fracture in foot, laceration in shin 2002 which required stitches in 1st and 2nd level skin layer on motorbike but ya I took 3 weeks off put in 70 miles wk4 (yesterday was 4wks to day of injury) now this wk 5 I'm off while chip fracture fuses. It will be 6 to 8 wks before I can ride with hand free of splint wrap to begin rehab and "confidence buiding" in the integrity of the fingers. Or simply put before long and ring fingers are bending 6 to 8 wks.

I got smokin deal on yeti, found on craigslist after a year or so browsing regularly. Have made some upgrades and maintenance. Was maintained very well by female rider previous owner. It's 2003 model. It's my 4th and highest level mountain bike in maybe 14 years.
It is a very high end MTB and I am jealous! The one I dream of is newer I think and green the frame only is like 1500.00.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(08-15-2010, 10:52 PM)Bill Wrote:  It is a very high end MTB and I am jealous! The one I dream of is newer I think and green the frame only is like 1500.00.

Definitely hi end.

Yeah they are very well made, handcrafted in the USA low production runs. I could not afford new frame either but the geometry and USA hand craftsmanship etc I had to have for my biggest upgrade to date.

Like I said it took me AT LEAST one year probably more like a year and half of watching local craigslist weekly to score.

The day the ad posted I went to meet seller made deal that night had bike next day.

It's my "this bike matches my skill and riding perfect" bike. I'm pretty stoked on it. It's a seven year old frame in excellent condition that competes with any of todays in same class.

Thanks for checking it out and admiring.

PS I like your signature also. That's exactly what led me to this site.
Nice bike. What state do you ride in?
(09-02-2010, 11:06 PM)Jordan300 Wrote:  Nice bike. What state do you ride in?

Thanks, Arizona. I basically live on south mountain, at the base of it. I ride south mountain pfff damn near daily. Yeah, I'm back on the bike now fingers are near 100 percent.
Awesome. Glad to hear you pulled through it to get back on the bike.
(09-03-2010, 12:32 AM)kokopelli Wrote:  

Thanks, Arizona. I basically live on south mountain, at the base of it. I ride south mountain pfff damn near daily. Yeah, I'm back on the bike now fingers are near 100 percent.

Oh you are talking about black mountain?
Ooops I mean near, reason I asked I was there and also on the Hayden Butte
(09-03-2010, 10:32 AM)Bill Wrote:  
(09-03-2010, 12:32 AM)kokopelli Wrote:  

Oh you are talking about black mountain?
Ooops I mean near, reason I asked I was there and also on the Hayden Butte

Oh cool that is some good riding there too sounds like you were at Black Canyon. I am talking about south mountain, different but similar.
Oh yeah you're right. it's one heckuva climb going up lol