Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Hello all, from a new guy
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for making what looks like a really useful resource/community available. I'm in the Uk and I'm part way thru my first proper bike restoration project - an old MTB I was given (nothing of any great quality so doesn't matter if I muck it up) and I was hoping for bits and pieces of advice as I go along. I've got a few pics of the process so far so I'll probably stick a few of those up sometime if that's ok. Cheers
Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
T Roosevelt
Welcome to the site, hope all you questions are answered
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(08-29-2010, 04:01 AM)TheButterflyCollector Wrote:  Hello, just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for making what looks like a really useful resource/community available. I'm in the Uk and I'm part way thru my first proper bike restoration project - an old MTB I was given (nothing of any great quality so doesn't matter if I muck it up) and I was hoping for bits and pieces of advice as I go along. I've got a few pics of the process so far so I'll probably stick a few of those up sometime if that's ok. Cheers

Hey welcome pull up a seat and stay a while good to have you on board.

Remember it's mind over matter
if you don't mind it doesn't matter

Ride more drive less
Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna find this place really useful Smile
Far better to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
T Roosevelt
Welcome TBC, I'm also in the UK and like you, restoring an MTB. Hope you get the help you need! Smile
Hi Cheule and Adam15, good to meet you. How's your restoration going Cheule and what frame are you restoring if you don't mind me asking?