Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Just saying HI!
Did not find any other place to post it so I placed it here. Hi everyone, I an Fred and I am 46 and have a family of 4 (soon to be 5), I just gotten into bike riding this year (I like to be around to see grandkids) and have an old Bounty Hunter MTB and now a home made LWB recumbent that is in need of some work. I live in Pike County Mo and have been commuting to work and some shopping along with some general riding. If anyone is around Pike County and would like to meet for a ride just drop me a note.
Have fun and just enjoy the ride
Hey Fred, nice to meet ya! Have fun riding out there!
Welcome, Fred! Pike County, huh? Just north of Saint Lou?
I'm south of you in Mtn Home, Arkansas. KC Steve is west of you in, uhhh - nevermind!
I am entertaining the thought of the eastern Katy with a few friends early this Summer. We are all 40+ and like to eat! Keep in touch - if you're interested, you're invited. We will have all details down 3 or 4 weeks ahead so everybody has time to schedule vacations, etc. Probably looking at 4 days / three nights.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Ok Rob, Yes I am about 1.5 hours north of STL. Thanks for the invite, don't know if I be up to that kind of ride by then, but I see when it gets closer. Oh, I am 25 years old (with 21 years of experience at it) and just living day by day.

I know 3 guys that ride part of the Katy Trail every year and thought I may try it this year with them.
Hey! If you kids just wanna hook up with us old-farts for a night of beer and Pizza at Dave & Jacquies in Defiance, that is cool.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Ok, I Have finally got a pic of my bikes. One is the recumbent I have the other is my nearly 20 year old bounty hunter MTB.
weird, I just bought and sold one of those old bounty hunter bikes. Never seen one before until then
Nice bikes bro!
Thanks nameused, and Jordan you are the second person I to have had one. I got it when I lived in Delaware, it's not the best bike but it got me around. The recumbent on the other hand is a challenge. It is a completely different types of ride that I trying to get use to. I just need to figure out how to adjust the seat now.