Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

How do I connect this brake assembly?
So far I have connected the lever but there is no tension. How do I connect it to the brake assembly? Thanks.
(01-19-2011, 06:48 PM)eorta7 Wrote:  So far I have connected the lever but there is no tension. How do I connect it to the brake assembly? Thanks.
here is a picture of the lever.
I can't tell from the picture if you actually have the brake cable attached to this assembly or not. It does not look like it.
eorta - in the first (very fuzzy) pic of the caliper, in the Top Right corner, is the part that your cable housing should fit into. It looks to be upside-down but, that depends on your cable routing. The cupped end is the side that accepts the housing.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Check out this video: http://bikeride.com/sidepull-caliper-brakes/
Have fun and just enjoy the ride
(01-19-2011, 07:50 PM)RBurrelli Wrote:  I can't tell from the picture if you actually have the brake cable attached to this assembly or not. It does not look like it.

I don't have it attached to the assembly. I have it attached to the lever but it is not in there tight for some reason.
When you get it attached to the brake unit at the wheel and adjusted it should then fell better at the lever.
Have fun and just enjoy the ride
It won't tighten up until you connect the cable to the caliper (assembly). After that it will tighten up.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
It might just be a blurry picture, but it looks like your caliper only has one nut on the end of the rod that the two arms pivot on. (The end facing out in the picture) If so, you may have a problem with the arms of the brake loosening up and even falling off. There is normally two nuts (one to adjust and one to lock the arms on). This is a safety issue so check it out (post better picture, compare to other calipers, etc.) Note that this is completely unrelated to how you run/adjust the cable. I just point it out to make sure the brake doesn't come apart on you.

Possibly Related Threads...