Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Tools for the shop
Came across this set while looking for a better lock ring tool. $$$$$$$$

http://www.discounttrisupply.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=67d4f45b9f9212bef5820c3ea7f9c58f&Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DTS&Product_Code=Park_Tool_MK_195_Master_Mechanic_Bike_Tool_Kit&Category_Code=LUBEMT

This Hozan lock ring tool looks better but I would still prefer one you can lock into place.

It seems the best thing for a stuck lock ring is hammer and chisel into the notch, and a supply of lock ring replacement if you want neat looking notches on your lock ring.

http://www.benscycle.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=188_234&products_id=903&zenid=5305c46f652c7be9f0f2edcefb79cf2d
Never Give Up!!!
No, no, no. Pleasee NO, George! The $3000 Park kit arrives at your door and we don't see you for a month!
Me: "Has anyone seen George?"
Bill: "George is at Home Depot."
Me: "we are more fun. Aren't we?"
GeorgeET: "I am here. I am screwing pegboard to the wall. BRB"
Bill: "Did George post a pic yet?"
Concretequeen: "I know what pegboard is!"
KC-Steve: "I hate to resurrect ancient threads but..."

See where this could lead??

Trust me George. You want the Hozan for that particular tool. If I see you anywhere NEAR a hammer, well.... we can't be friends. Wink
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Hell at $4000 I can buy a new bike every time mine breaks down and not need any tools. :-))

Too late I already hammered off my stucken lock ring. Soaked it for a few days with Liquid Wrench too. No way to use heat there . The park wrench just would not do it. It was tearing the notches and itself as bad as the chisel. Trust me sometimes you got to resort to Mr. destracto.

Hey I got it off and put in a Shimano UN 54 sealed BB, now I need a Shimano BB tool. It never ends.

No more brewski for you. :-)))
Never Give Up!!!
Try going to the Sears web site, select tools then search for speciality wrenches and go to page 8. They have several models of Armstrong brand adjustable spanner wrenches that may/may not be what you are looking for. Not sure what the price comparison is for one of these against several of the Park Tools wrenches, but if it works for different size bb's, in one tool, its worth the money.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
(01-30-2011, 01:34 AM)GeorgeET Wrote:  Hell at $4000 I can buy a new bike every time mine breaks down and not need any tools. :-))

You are no fun. Smile
Wow thousands of tools, the c-wrenches are pretty much the same. The plumbers pipe wrench would work (I got one) but not neat same for the chisel.

The adjustable hook wrench is OK and the adjustable pin wrenches are OK too.

Bicycles have so many different sizes that its almost a different tool for everyone. Like the Cassette and freewheel tools for different types.

What would have worked for me is a three notch round wrench that fits on the lock ring. The one on the Parker tool I got did not fit so I tried to use the hook end.

The Hozan looks good and solid. But its still a hook wrench.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/search_10153_12605?pageNum=10&viewItems=25&keyword=aarmstrong+adjustable+wrench
Never Give Up!!!
Hell George, I thought you had something there. That Park Tool Master Kit MK-195 doesn't even have a PZT-2 tool. Big Grin
On a day like today, it is also a good idea to have the SHVL-04 tool. Mine happens to have a 5hp Briggs & Stratton engine attachment. Smile

Steve
Junkyard Tools rescued from the junkyard!
that wont cut it for me, steve. i need the professional model blw-trch-1!Smile
Get on your bad pedalscooter and ride!
Awww man you guy s just made me remember I am fresh out of elbow grease! Now where did I get that stuff from , wait OH YEA from the grocery store in the coffee aisle Big Grin hahahahaha!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Bill. Lube up the elbow so that you can use this when we celebrate Spring. http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/world/index.jsp
Ok with the exception to the above mentioned we cannot forget a few of these items!!! http://www.parktool.com/category/logo-merch
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I have the PZ-2 and two of the PNT-1. Want a cold PNT-1?
Nah I would need the MUG-1 only in my version MUG-1XX (Supersize) lol. Thanks though appreciate the offer Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post
Lightbulb
02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Talha

06-23-2020, 04:33 PM
Last Post: oneleggedhipster

03-05-2020, 04:06 AM