Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

A degree in Bicycling - who would have known.
Found this article link on Giant's Facebook page. Found it very interesting and thought that some of you might enjoy it. Just imagine, having a doctorate in bicycling. I wonder if they are going to offer on-line courses? Smile

Lees-McRae College offer degree in Bicycling Studies
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
JV - that is cool! But, where the heck is Banner Elk, North Carolina?? My Google only finds a Banner Elk, Nova Scotia, CN. oh well...

Do they offer on-line courses? No, JV. At least I hope not. About as boring as watching golf on TV. Smile
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Quote:Do they offer on-line courses? No, JV. At least I hope not. About as boring as watching golf on TV.

Rob, You pretty much nailed it.

I also haven't figured out where Banner Elk is either. It must be a suburb of some other city. Maybe someone on this forum from NC can give us more information.
HCFR Cycling Team
Here's Banner Elk, NC

I think it would be pretty sweet to major in Cycling. They need to offer some online courses though before I do that.
Wow! Reminds me of Elizabeth, IL where my father-in-law lives. Population 600 and dropping. After seeing where they are located, I'm wondering if they even have internet service there. Smile
HCFR Cycling Team
It is in the north west conner of the state were HWY 184 and 194 cross, and yes sounds like a good thing mabe more will start a bicycle class.
Have fun and just enjoy the ride
An idea would be to add a repair course to the itinerary! Now that would be awesome!!! Big Grin . Something like the Park Tools School has or something!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post