Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Louis Garneau bike
so what do you think? i got it with tax off! it's for a big bike tripSmile
no pain!!! no game!!!
What model is it? It's a little hard to tell on that small picture, but road bikes are nice, no matter who makes them. I hit all the bike manufacturer's web sites and love looking at the different road and tri models. I'm not too familiar with LG bikes, but I will check out the web site.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
Ah man, need a bigger picture! haha anyways looks like a nice bike from what I can tell though!
If that is the Axis model, that is a nice looking bike. I like the M4 in white and blue.
HCFR Cycling Team
i'm gonna get a new pic bigger soon! the model is a Urbania SL3.0 bike. send more questions if you have anySmile
no pain!!! no game!!!
OK, it's their hybrid. You mentioned that you are going to go on a long distance ride later this year, so make sure that you change the saddle that comes with the bike for a slimmer saddle. Those comfort saddles that come with hybrids are great for short distances but they will start giving you problems on long rides. I have a hybrid and a road bike and changed my hybrid's saddle when I started riding more than 10 mile trips. I put a road bike saddle on it and haven't had any problems with it since.
HCFR Cycling Team
what kind of saddle should i get?like a gel kind?
no pain!!! no game!!!
I would try for a woman's saddle with an elongated front, like the ones you find on road bikes. Ask your LBS to help with picking one out. Remember, if your leg is fully extended, you want it to be straight up and in a natural position. The comfort style saddles that are wide in the front cause your thighs to become spread more and cause you to pedal with your knees outward because the saddle won't let you get your legs together. On short rides, this isn't a big deal, but the longer you are on the saddle, the harder it gets to pedal with your knees angled outward. On long rides the wide saddles also tend to put pressure on the sciatic nerve which can lead to a case of sciatica during your ride. I wouldn't get rid of the comfort saddle as you can use it for short pleasure rides.
HCFR Cycling Team
Nice bike! http://www.louisgarneau.com/ca-en/product/310648/1302062/Men%27s/URBANIA_SL3.0_BIKE
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!