Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
My Raleigh 1940
(04-13-2011, 03:22 AM)Bill Wrote:  How did the generator turn out? It working better?
Hi Bill
generator is doing good as I have changed out the bulb with a 2.5 W output light. the light is dim but now it lights up much earlier with rotation & my basic purpose is to keep all antique things alive & working. My target is not to get max.light output thru generator. So it's doing the job.The senior citizen heads are turning around when I pass on to the road with this bike.
[size=large][font=Impact]Cyclostyle in style[/font][/size]
I am very happy to hear that! They should because this is a very nice bike!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
These bikes are beautiful! I had the pleasure of owning a 1950s Superbe back in 2000. A customer brought it into the shop one day asking $200. It had been sitting in a garage for decades. I bought it, restored it and sadly gave it to an ex-girlfriend. Luckily I got a bunch of photos... here's a few:

[attachment=2147]

Rear Dynamo Hub (4-speed):
[attachment=2148]

Extras:
[attachment=2149]

From the date on the manual, it looks like either a 1954 or 1955 model:
[attachment=2150]

Sheldon Brown: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/superbe54.html
(04-13-2011, 11:19 PM)Alex Ramon Wrote:  These bikes are beautiful! I had the pleasure of owning a 1950s Superbe back in 2000. A customer brought it into the shop one day asking $200. It had been sitting in a garage for decades. I bought it, restored it and sadly gave it to an ex-girlfriend. Luckily I got a bunch of photos... here's a few:

Rear Dynamo Hub (4-speed):

Extras:

From the date on the manual, it looks like either a 1954 or 1955 model:

Sheldon Brown: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/superbe54.html

Hi Alex
i would say you have given up an all time treasure to ex-g.f. Never mind. look for another one. For sure U will get one bcoz these bikes are made to last for ever. All the best !
(04-11-2011, 12:00 PM)atulkunte69 Wrote:  Hi all
Some more pics of milometer that was put on today, working fine.