Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

BMX Purple and Black
A little project I did over the winter for one of my kids! Bmx total overhaul with new paint job Big Grin. On this one I used Valspar instead of Rustoleum. Interesting because I really did not think the Valspar would turn out this great. Excuse the "NEXT" saddle but it is what was "ordered" lololol.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
It would be hard to ride with that big cable lock on there. Please take it off. Wink
Purple and Black! Schweet color-combo!
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Lol I actually made her move it to the handle bars!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
In pictures 5 and 6, you look like you have chained you children up, unfortunately over here that's illegal, I love America, lol.
Bill;

Nice bike.

Please watch those radially spoked wheels very carefully. Radially spoking puts a very large load on the hub - cracking and the failure around the spoke holes. See Sheldon Brown's site for more information.
Nigel
(05-27-2011, 05:36 AM)doctordee Wrote:  In pictures 5 and 6, you look like you have chained you children up, unfortunately over here that's illegal, I love America, lol.

Lmao that's funny! :d zadey is the only one of my kids chained up. But very interesting point ot does kinda look that way.
(05-27-2011, 10:27 AM)nfmisso Wrote:  Bill;

Nice bike.

Please watch those radially spoked wheels very carefully. Radially spoking puts a very large load on the hub - cracking and the failure around the spoke holes. See Sheldon Brown's site for more information.

Hmm never heard that one yet, but thank you very much Nigel !! I'll try to find that on his site.
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/wheelbuild.html#radial
Nigel
Very cool, Bill! I would call that color 'Black Light'. Smile
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Thanks Nigel!

You know Rob that is an awesome name for that color!
You know Nigel I was looking at this post because I am getting ready to do the yearly maintenance on this ride, which is a total overhaul. So far they have held up. I read the article again and see where the warnings are. Radial spokes are only OK for FRONT WHEEL ONLY. Being that this bike was made in China and low end, I figure I better start looking for a different wheelset. The flanges on it are probably not high forged like Sheldon's site states it should be.
Shame because they are in really nice condition.