Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Robs Garage
Hi All. I have several things that someone may be interested in. I don't have it listed on any other sites because I think this crowd is the best! All prices for shipping in USA only. Prices are negotiable by PM, please!
I'll start with some old stuff.
This is a 1968 Schwinn catalog in probably 95% condition. Asking $15 mailed to USA.
[Image: P1060286.jpg] [Image: P1060287.jpg]
I also have a Schwinn Owners Manual for 5 and 10 spd Lightweight, still in the plastic bag, that is probably the same age. Includes a sales receipt stapled in the back. Can retry to upload pic if interested. $15 in USA.

I also have a Schwinn 2', 4 Digit chain lock with the tag and Combination still attached. It's the chain wrapped in clear plastic with silver glitter. $20 USA. For some reason, I can't upload this pic, either.

Here is a Suntour AG (Alpine) MTB rear drlr in operable condition. $15 USA.[Image: P1060282.jpg]

This is a NOS, Shimano XT HB-M730 hub minus the skewer. Pre-parralax! 32 hole for 14 Gauge spokes. $15 USA.
[Image: P1060290.jpg]

That's all for now. More to come. Photobucket is giving me fits.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Need misc old, obscure parts? I have stuff that I don't even remember what it is! Here is a sample pic. I have drawers full of this...
[Image: P1060289.jpg]
Just describe or take a pic of your old part. I'm willing to dig for a friend.

Now - a little more modern. I have about a dozen Salsa branded inner tubes that might appeal to folks with a nostalgia-bone. 26 x 1.9 - 2.125, 34mm P/V. The boxes are in great shape. I think I bought them in 1999. I currently have one installed in my Pro-Flex 856 and it is holding but, I make no guarantees. $5 each plus whatever it cost me to mail.
[Image: P1060293.jpg]

In the mid-late '90s, a company called Real Racing produced these uber-expensive cassettes that were actually engraved "FOR RACE USE ONLY". They flopped because of the price and the fact that you 'might' get two MTB races out of it. Shifting was also iffy. This is an 8 spd, 11-28. The lower cogs are CNC'd from aluminum billet and cryogenically treated. Don't use this! I will only sell this item to a collector of cool stuff! $40. I think I paid $80 Dealer-cost in, maybe, 1998?
[Image: P1060294.jpg]

I'm not done yet...
Here is a pair of heavily road-rashed Ultegra ST-6500 shifters that I will GIVE AWAY! You just pay the postage. One has a broken ratchet but, I don't remember which one. Good for salvaged hoods, maybe? Face Plates are intact, too.
[Image: P1060283.jpg]
These are GripShift SRT-800X (nick-named X-Ray because the shell is clear plastic) 8 and 3 speed that are NOS take-offs from 1997. MSRP was $55. Asking $25.
[Image: P1060281.jpg]

Sometime between 1995 and '98, Shimano had a problem with Altus and Acera canti brakes where the plastic housing over the coil-spring was prone to break on the side with the centering screw.
I have several of these (also the other side) left that Shimano sent me at no-charge. I might pass a few along if you post pics of your Project!
[Image: P1060280.jpg]

I have some misc RockShox and Manitou parts from '96 - 2002 that are worn but serviceable; just ask. I have some new top-cap kits for Quadra forks that are postage-only also, if you really need them.
[Image: P1060291.jpg]
A musty old cardboard box smells good! Smile
Here are a couple of cranks... there are more.

This is a pair of (crankarms-only) Shimano XT FC-M730. Was it 1997?
175mm arms and for 5 Bolt, 74/110 pattern. I think I ran 24-32-42 rings on these. They can do a 22-46 easily.
[Image: P1060284.jpg]

Here is a Special ed crankset, Smile
ST-5 with 175mm arms with 20-32-42 SunTour rings.
[Image: P1060285.jpg]
Yes, a 20T little ring - you read it right. Special ed. Ned Overend endorsed the 20. He was a goat!

Just make an offer on either of these. I have a lot more stuff in this musty old box, too. Nothing in Neon Green, tho. Just ask.

EDIT - "Dude! Check out this gold-anodized 44 from Real!"
The Ultegra 65s are gone.
You folks are welcome to discuss in here. I love a good Bidding War! Wink
I need money for the petro station machine where I buy my air. Smile
If I win the Lottery - prices go up, baby!

Seriously - I have boxes that I have not opened in 10 YEARS that was full of old stuff when packed up. I seldom have call for these things at a LBS that I work at now. If you're looking for an old, obscure part; hit me up. These things need a good home!
(04-29-2011, 09:35 PM)RobAR Wrote:  The Ultegra 65s are gone.
You folks are welcome to discuss in here. I love a good Bidding War! Wink
I need money for the petro station machine where I buy my air. Smile
If I win the Lottery - prices go up, baby!

Seriously - I have boxes that I have not opened in 10 YEARS that was full of old stuff when packed up. I seldom have call for these things at a LBS that I work at now. If you're looking for an old, obscure part; hit me up. These things need a good home!

duuuude . . .

You buy air? I got plenty of that I'll sell ya, 60 gallons worth of 135psi. Smile
When you say the "65s are gone" do you mean the free ones are gone now? Those hoods aren't cheap.

I looked once before at your "garage" but didn't realize you have an on-going garage sale of items under the same thread. I'll have to check in more often!

But now that you mention it, I do need a 1978 Raleigh straight axle and haven't been able to find one locally. The threads are messed up and I was thinking about cutting a long one down to fit and that also means I would be changing the hardware. That wouldn't be a good restoration though. But if you have the right size I'll just buy it from you. Do you have any Raleigh axles?

I'll dig around to find the old one so I can measure it and give you the correct size if you have any at all. That would be "epic." Smile

Thanks,
Steve

EDIT: I'm wondering if Alex set this forum so you can change the first post of threads indefinitely. Have you tried it yet?
Junkyard Tools rescued from the junkyard!
Hey Steve! Do I have any Raleigh axles? I honestly do not know, dude!
I have 2 boxes of old, unlabled axles that probably weigh 15 lbs each (the boxes). Give me the length, diameter and thread pitch and I'll dig through my stuff. Or if you ID the hub, I may have a new one.

Yes, I know what decent hoods for old Ultegras cost but, a friend needed them and this box was in my way. I probably have NOS 6500 hoods in a box somewhere, too... if they aren't dried out.

I really do have way too much stuff. In 1995, when I was managing a LBS, we bought the inventory of another shop that was closing after 30 years in the business. They had done the same many years prior. Hence my comment about having parts that I don't know what are. I can usually ID a part by sight, though, if I have seen it in my piles. I just put the really cool, primo stuff on the table out here. You have to ask to see the Private Reserve stuff. Smile Shhhhh! It's in a secret room with Honor Guards and you can't wear shoes in there. Wink
I just aquired a very nice steel-rim wheelset from a LeTour. No chrome rust and very little on the inside. Shall I post pics?
Here are pics of the Schwinn Le Tour wheelset if interested. Rear is missing the QR skewer.[Image: P1060297.jpg]
WOW Rob you do have alot of stuff! i am in the process of updating a Schwinn LeTour 3.... Im not wanting to invest a lot of money into this thing I am right about where i want to be money wise with this thing. just trying to upgrade my shifters or if it is possible to do thumb shifters or maybe downtube shifters (if possible). I do not like these stem shifters hit my knee many of times climbing hills!
I need some small miscellaneous parts for my '63 Schwinn Superior. Is this listing still watched?
Do you have anything of a road bike tire protector. They were mounted on the brake mounting stud and they" wiped" the bits of glass etc., off the tire before it had time to cut into the casing. Popular in the 80's they were mostly used for tubular tires. Great if you had one!
Cycle the streets of Bristol!
skydog - Yes, still checking. My schedule keeps me away from BT too often. What you needing for that Super?
ghost - you're the first person in 10 years to mention those. I wish I had some.
(03-11-2012, 09:31 AM)RobAR Wrote:  skydog - Yes, still checking. My schedule keeps me away from BT too often. What you needing for that Super?
ghost - you're the first person in 10 years to mention those. I wish I had some.

Rob,
Sent you a pm about some of those altus brake springs & plastic housings. Have you had time to read it yet?
Pete

Ride on, keep on riding
Riding on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
Ride on, gonna have myself a good time - AC/DC

Hi Pete. Don't see a PM from you. But they are gone, bro. Sorry.
(04-02-2012, 08:55 PM)RobAR Wrote:  Hi Pete. Don't see a PM from you. But they are gone, bro. Sorry.

Thanks anyway for looking. I have seen some repairs to them on this site w/epoxy and will give it a try.
Pete

Ride on, keep on riding
Riding on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
Ride on, gonna have myself a good time - AC/DC

Hi Rob,

Do you still have the X-Rays ?

Love to get a backup pair.

Thanks,
Jeff

(04-13-2011, 06:49 PM)RobAR Wrote:  These are GripShift SRT-800X (nick-named X-Ray because the shell is clear plastic) 8 and 3 speed that are NOS take-offs from 1997. MSRP was $55. Asking $25.
[Image: P1060281.jpg]

Sometime between 1995 and '98, Shimano had a problem with Altus and Acera canti brakes where the plastic housing over the coil-spring was prone to break on the side with the centering screw.
I have several of these (also the other side) left that Shimano sent me at no-charge. I might pass a few along if you post pics of your Project!
[Image: P1060280.jpg]

I have some misc RockShox and Manitou parts from '96 - 2002 that are worn but serviceable; just ask. I have some new top-cap kits for Quadra forks that are postage-only also, if you really need them.
[Image: P1060291.jpg]
Hi Rob:
I was servicing my old specialized MTB and I broke both of the top caps from a Rock Shox Quadra 21R. Do you still have some available?

Thanks
Rafael
Hi Rob:
I'm still interested in the Rock Shox Quadra Top Caps. Are they still available?