Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
Servicing cone and cup on shimano spd M324
The right pedal is catching and sticking. Feels like the bearings are going, maybe the cartridge has broken up. I want to remove and service. The ads say you can do this. How do I go about it, please?
Pablo.
Some pedals are serviceable, most sold today are not; leaving replacement as the only choice. The serviceable pedals typically require a special tool to remove the dust cap, after you have it off, it is just a matter of undoing the nut and pulling everything apart.
Nigel
(04-25-2011, 12:33 AM)nfmisso Wrote:  Some pedals are serviceable, most sold today are not; leaving replacement as the only choice. The serviceable pedals typically require a special tool to remove the dust cap, after you have it off, it is just a matter of undoing the nut and pulling everything apart.

Thanks Nigel. I've decided to replace. I've had the spds for over 3 years without a problem, good wear and tear. Also they give me numb feet, too much pressure focused at the clip on. I need to spread the weight over the whole plate. Regards, Pablo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Servicing Pedals Skyguy9999 10 15,707 07-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Last Post: RobAR