Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

1987 Fuji Del-Ray Special Edition Thriller !
Hi,
well heres another bike I bought, story is :
borrowed a friends Del Ray somewhat beat well used..got stolen thief broke die cast lock that was used for security..so ran an ad on Craigslist thanking the thief , and if anyone had a Del_Ray around for sale let me know ..got an e-mail fellow said he had one and wanted a trade for GPS unit. did not have told him had 100.00 in my pocket he could have it..fellow said sure and would deliver free from 40 miles away..did not use it bought it new 1987-88 over 400.00 back then he recalled..hardly used it..well fellow showed up and WOW I could not believe it..original tires and all ..only seat was changed he thought ..for stand up pedaling its skinny long..well he refused gas money ect ..and off he went..
man some good people left in this world still ..
so enjoy pics of my Sunday rider ..turns on a dime beats pants speed wise off my Schwinn though not as pretty a bike IMO..but thank my lucky stars and my friend said keep the bike as he has a Mint unused Team Fuji ala 1988 or something in the basement ..someday take it out and post pics of that here..man what a bike it is basically never rode it but in driveway ..
Thanks to all for your replys in my posts ..very nice people here ..
Teisco_Kid
cool ride. reminds me of my univega arrowpace
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Very nice find!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
looks like brake housing on the derailer
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
nice bike but how can you ride it with the bars in that position? looks uncomfortable if not dangerous
ride until your wheels fall off
(05-30-2011, 03:44 PM)mrdunk Wrote:  nice bike but how can you ride it with the bars in that position? looks uncomfortable if not dangerous

Well it came like that , and basically I got used to it..bad back and I like upright position vs hunched over racing style.. better visibility in moving traffic ..one finger braking or thumb..manuvers in panic situation well for me..uphill keeps me in better position to pedal harder and light touch for coasting dodging potholes potholes gneral evasion of moving objects ect..much faster reaction to an action..for me anyway ..
Teisco_KId
Great Bike. I got a 1985 Del Rey and love it. Great light Frame, and equipment. I serviced all the bearings and put in a Shimano UN 54 sealed crank as rebuild parts were NLA. I also reversed the bars. Otherwise stock.

Here is a Fuji info link.

http://classicfuji.com/0_Cat_Cvr_Home.htm

Good photos BTW
Never Give Up!!!
I like that setup,ride on
(05-30-2011, 12:21 PM)painkiller Wrote:  looks like brake housing on the derailer

Not a problem with "friction shifters".
You only need the proper housing when using "Indexing" systems.

Nice retro bike there. Smile
Ride hard or ride home alone!
What makes del ray a good bike i know nothing about them was given one like new condition a gift from my father. So whats so special about it
Read the specs. It starts with a great Quad butted frame, and excellent SunTour equipment.. What year is it?

http://classicfuji.com/0_Cat_Cvr_Home.htm
Never Give Up!!!
(07-26-2012, 01:11 PM)Campmom Wrote:  What makes del ray a good bike i know nothing about them was given one like new condition a gift from my father. So whats so special about it

These are light fast bikes compared to many others. Entry level racer with decent components. Well built too.
Teisco_Kid

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

07-29-2015, 03:09 AM
Last Post: Painkiller

05-03-2014, 01:17 AM
Last Post: 1FJEF