Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Dave Scott ironman Centurium 1985
I have a almost perfect 1984-7 pink ironman, yes pink. It is all original except tires which it needs new now. As most of you know, it is a 12 sp. I bought this bike just as I was starting to decline in health(asthma) and power so climbing hills became more than a challenge. I bought 27 sp trek. So my question is, does this bike have any retro value?
lets see some pics. and what is your definition retro value?
does it look like this? http://forums.bikeride.com/thread-1089.html
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Yes it looks like the bike pictured except it is completely stock, including toe clips. The only change is the tires. I will take a few pictures tomorrow. As for the retro comment...someone stopped by my place here in Oregon on a visit from Pacifica, Ca.. He said (don't know if it is true or not) that retro is the rage in S.F. and I should put it on ebay. I looked on ebay but nothing there of interest, that is why I mentioned it.
well mak look forward to your pics.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
I tried to post some pics but they never made it in. I probably did something wrong so I will try this again.
another
It appears to be a fine example. Not knowing what you paid for it and it does not really matter. if you want a ball park opinion on its worth with out seeing the bike in person and assuming it is ready to ride and of course finding the right buyer I would say between $150 to $250.
If I was the buyer to me a good deal would be $50 however I would put time in refurbishing from the ground up take every part off, buff the frame and every piece of alloy,replace the bartape ,tubes, tires,cables, housing to bring the bike as near truly 95%+ perfect. and in the end if I sold it for $150 bucks i would have made about $50
With that said its all up to you, but to bring premium dollar It must be gone through 100%
I think it would make a really cool fixie conversion.
So put it on the market and see what happens. If you ebay it put a reserve of $150 and you will know what people will pay
Its all on how fast or long you want to hold out for the bucks.it is a beautiful bicycle
make sure and let me know how it comes out for you and good luck!
If you care for a little history - that Centurion is a Diamondback in a roundabout way. WSI (Western States Importers) spec'd both brands and had them made overseas. Sometime around 1990, it all got folded into the Diamondback name. They were sweet bikes in their day but, I don't know of any real collector value. They are still great as riders.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Thanks for the insight...I may give ebay a try....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

12-19-2023, 01:35 AM
Last Post: Talha