Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

American Classics 430 Aero 3?
I have a set of these wheels in white and blue, the bladed spokes which came with them were black with two white spokes on each wheel. The shop I purchased the wheels from took a bit to get them in as they were limited, long story short I inquired tot hem about having the blades powder coated to white and blue to match the bike. I was able to accomplish this and return the spokes to my shop who thought all the spokes were the same size and first ended up scratching the crap out of them, and then one step further loosing them and the nipples. I know the size of the spokes were 273 front wheel, and 275/273 rear one being a drive side. American says if you are not using their nipples to subtrack 2MM to the spoke.

My question is two folds,
First can someone recommend a set of black bladed spokes ( also which size would I need if I am going to use different nipples )

Number two I have only been able to find the white bladed in colors no blue and the white are an arm and a leg. any other suggestions.

thanks so much
Isn't the LBS responsible for the damage and loss? I would let them worry about where to get the replacement spokes. I would be raising hell with the manager/owner of the shop until they get this right.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
I have, I have even filed a BBB compliant with them, and at this point I have also disputed my CC which was charged for the breakdown and relacing. I call regularly and sadly it appears I will be sending them back to American Classics as I am unable to find the info needed for spokes and nipples. thanks again
On the spokes: Some companies that make spokes are (in alphabetical order) DT Swiss, Sapim, Wheelsmith. I use DT Swiss spokes on my builds, they are available where I shop for parts (the others are not). Any sensible company has bladed (aero) spokes in their program.
On the wheels: I just looked them up, wow! Sweet wheelset! Good luck with all of that. (And you should definitely get the shop to pay for that and probably take your business elsewhere in the future, sombody who thinks "all the spokes are the same length" knows zilch about wheelbuilding).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post