Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Prototype GT Show Flatland BMX
You've seen my commuter/touring bike in many of the videos, but here's the start of my latest project I just won an auction for on ebay. I'm super excited. It's a aluminum GT flatland bike I'm going to build up over the next few months. I'll probably paint it, but not sure what color yet... I'll update this photo when it's built up.

[attachment=2]
Alex just what kind of bikes do you ride? That bike looks small but I know when all said and done it will look a little bigger than it is now not sure if I would repaint it or not. An all black bike looks good too.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
I'll ride pretty much anything, but favorites are BMX flatland (the bike above), touring, unicycles, commuter bikes, and greenspeed tricycles. The bike pictured above is now complete, I just have to take some photos and I'll post them here. It has 20" wheels and is pretty small.
Out of curiosity, I noticed the V-Brake? guides (pegs?) are not on the top, why is that better braking?
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
It actually uses u-brakes, which have a different mounting position. I bought some Suelo U-brakes for it. They mounts are upside down to keep them out of the way while doing stunts, it doesn't affect the braking at all.

The bike is meant for this kind of riding (although these guys are way better and don't use brakes at all):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUnrs4Stm2M
Wow, maybe 20yrs ago I would've try those kind of stunts. I see what you are saying where they are placed. Pretty cool concept.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!