Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
Chain slipping
Hi I've got a caad4 r500 cannondale . When i first got the bike the front chain rubbed on the chain in high gears and was difficult to get in the smaller of the front chainrings. After a few adjustments it is now ok but there's a new problem. In the middle gears on the rear sprocket the chain continually slips and crunches any help much appreciated
Is it a new bike? Bring it to the store and let them fix it. If it is an old bike: look at similar threads in this forum... (likely reasons: chain worn, chain rings worn, sprockets worn...)
(04-13-2012, 11:18 AM)Joe_W Wrote:  Is it a new bike? Bring it to the store and let them fix it. If it is an old bike: look at similar threads in this forum... (likely reasons: chain worn, chain rings worn, sprockets worn...)

It's an oldish bike but Hardly had any use . I adjusted the high/ low screws on the front derailleur to sort out the old problem so surely it's a cable problem
(04-13-2012, 11:51 AM)Olly t Wrote:  
(04-13-2012, 11:18 AM)Joe_W Wrote:  Is it a new bike? Bring it to the store and let them fix it. If it is an old bike: look at similar threads in this forum... (likely reasons: chain worn, chain rings worn, sprockets worn...)

It's an oldish bike but Hardly had any use . I adjusted the high/ low screws on the front derailleur to sort out the old problem so surely it's a cable problem

Have you replaced the chain. If you have and it still slips there is a good chance you will need to replace the cartridge also.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pedals slipping. What's my problem? Crackpothead 10 19,263 05-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Last Post: Becky