Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Shimano 105 left shifter
Hi, I currently have a broken left shimano 105 triple shifter. My bike is 9 speed. I cannot find any shifters of these type being sold singly anywhere as I think the 9 speed ones have been discontinued.

I was wondering if I could get the triple left shimano 105 10 speed shifter instead because I only need it for the left hand I though maybe it would be the same as the triple 9 speed shifter?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!!!

Tasch
Either get (last years?) Tiagra, that will most likely be compatible or (as this is the left hand one) get the current 105. It'll look weird though, 'cause the cables are now all routed under the handle bar tape. For me this would be an excuse to update everything.

I guess you would "only" need the pair of shifters (which is the most expensive part) and a new cassette and chain (which will have to be replaced "soon" anyway), the dérailleurs should work, as should the crank set. But this is me looking for excuses to justify large spending on my bike... Wink
Thanks for the advice Joe, a bit short on cash now but wish I did have an excuse to upgrade all my kit :p

(05-24-2012, 10:30 AM)Joe_W Wrote:  Either get (last years?) Tiagra, that will most likely be compatible or (as this is the left hand one) get the current 105. It'll look weird though, 'cause the cables are now all routed under the handle bar tape. For me this would be an excuse to update everything.

I guess you would "only" need the pair of shifters (which is the most expensive part) and a new cassette and chain (which will have to be replaced "soon" anyway), the dérailleurs should work, as should the crank set. But this is me looking for excuses to justify large spending on my bike... Wink
Try online or the local bike shop to get last years model. Great savings can be made that way!
You can use any triple left shifter from 7 to 11 speed groups. The left shifter doesn't care how many cogs are on the back.

Possibly Related Threads...