Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Bike speedometer
I've been lurking here for a while, and I have learned a bunch.
I just restarted riding last year and enjoy it.
I amd looking for a reasonable priced speedo/odometer with resetable trip distance and total miles. I dont care about time, temperature, altitude, barimetric pressure, or what phase the moon is in. Just speed and distance with trip, kinda like my car.
Thanks in advance
Bo
Personally I have two Bell F-20 computers and one Cateye Strada on my bikes. Now there are hundreds one can choose but the Bell and Cateye are the most stable ones I have used. Also I have an iPhone 4 which has apps that are pretty good. Using an iphone is chancy and rather expensive because if you would wreck and it get busted up then ouch. The above two are my recommendation and are simple to use. Oops let me add there is wired and wireless. Difference, wired there is only one battery, but the cord can be a tackle routing it along the forks. Wireless no cord, but there are two batteries. Aligning them is not difficult but must be close. Another issue with some of the wireless if they transmit a frequency, to which I found can sometimes (depending on which models) interfere with other readouts and there with yours. Now new ones I believe have been fixed by adding a sub audible tone frequency (known as a PL-Tone) to keep the interference down.
But you want a decent simple computer for tripometer,distance, and speed.
try this one....
http://www.amazon.com/Bell-1006407-F12-Bike-Computer/dp/B001FCFK5C/ .
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I do want to add that this kind of bike computer is one to stay away from unless you want Kilometers per hour and total kilometers. THERE IS NO WAY TO GET MPH ! This type of computer has been around for a couple years and it is not new! http://www.amazon.com/Computer-Speedometer-Velometer-Backlight-Functions/dp/B008V98G62/ .
If I am correct the temp is only one mode to!
This seller may not know but I do from experience.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!