Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Can't see the screen!
I'm looking for a speedometer. The ones that I see are too small - most people my age (post 45) need reading glasses to read small screens, and these are not an option whilst pedalling along,especially at a good clip,say, downhill, when you would like to check your speed.

Does anyone know of a screen that is about 4" x 3" with most of it taken up by the numbers?

Thanks for any help you send, and happy cycling in 2013!

Den Moran, Swansea,Wales
P.S. A blue screen would be good,as well, even in Wales the great orb in the sky occasionally breaks through!
You can look at this one http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_528254_-1___202553 or some of the CatEye units that I looked at are a little bigger
Have fun and just enjoy the ride
Go to 1 minute 10 seconds in the video & you will see a thumb to indicate scale. Cateye Microwireless 200. I have the 100.

[Image: 56.jpg?793334966]
Thank you for your replies, but they both re-enforce the point I'm making! The units featured are 'thumbsize' in width, making them impossible to read from anyone with post middle age progressive myoepia. A simple widening of the screen would be nice, even if these units were turned 'sideways' the text would be double the size.
Much appreciated, any more ideas? Thanks, Den
places like barnes and noble sell credit card style reading magnifiers.
maybe you could trim and fit one to your screen to pump it up a couples times
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
This one is large. OR get a GPS...........

http://www.gizmag.com/polar-cs500-cycling-computer/14822/

PS I always wear sunglasses when I ride so I do not understand your issues with wearing glasses. You just need wrap around close fit ones. I like Ray Ban Predator. I wear them on my motorcycle too......
Never Give Up!!!
I use bifocal safety glasses at night, and bifocal safety sunglasses during the day, both are wraparound style from ebay for about $7 bucks a pair.

Ride on, keep on riding
Riding on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on
Ride on, gonna have myself a good time - AC/DC

I know you simply might want to know how fast you are going, but what does that information do for you? It really doesn't mean much in the scope of a ride.
(12-27-2012, 01:11 PM)denvoyager Wrote:  making them impossible to read from anyone with post middle age progressive myoepia. Thanks, Den
Dude, myopia is being nearsighted, is presbyopia what you are suffering from? I suffer also, but the larger numerals on the cateye shown are legible with no magnification to my eyes. I use a 1.0 to 1.25 correction to use a computer, 1.75 to 2.25 to read.
I used to sell stereos with huge numerals on the display that could be read at a glance, it was frustrating to me that they didn't sell well.
I understand the logic of of double size digits, but the market is driven by a much younger demographic. You think bike computers are bad, take a look at any smartphone.