Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

GT Triple Triangle? Part. 2
Bill looks GREAT !!! Smile
Nigel
Thank you!! I remember your offer to meet up, maybe we could go on a mission to find Alex on his since he's MIA. Wink
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Ok there a couple of upgrades, will list later, that I have left. The major one I need help on is a kIck stand. I want one that would mount on the chain stay on the non drive side. Really do not want one that attaches to rear bolt , skewer in this case. Any suggestions?
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Forgot to say the location would be on the rear part of the non drive side chain stay.
For my friend Bill. For whom only the best will do!
http://www.greenfieldny.com/chart_bicycle.htm
Smile The 'Stabilizer' model at the bottom of page.
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Hmm I like that one!!!! Do I have to cut it for length?
(10-11-2012, 08:38 PM)Bill Wrote:  Hmm I like that one!!!! Do I have to cut it for length?
Do you have to pull a cork from a bottle of fine wine?
Lmao yes I guess I do!
Done and ordered. I got the 305mm one just in case, was cheaper too lol.
Here is yet another upgrade I have done, well there are three one not installed yet..
One is a Greenfield Rear Kickstand 305mm no cutting needed was exactly the length.
Next is a pair of Shimano Deore LX Cantilever Brakes
Last is a pair of Shimano Deore LX M65/T brake pad holders. Very hard to find 65mm pads that will insert into these.

Note last one is the Rockwerks U-brake I replaced the originals with.
Well I should have posted this first triumph here but it is written in a different thread. So here is the first "meal" this baby had against a 2010 Specialized Carbon Fiber Road... thread it comes from is RobAR's sweet bike thread. http://forums.bikeride.com/thread-2743.html .

As far as those 20 something kids is something us older kids love to challenge. Owning a $2500-$4000 bike is one thing, knowing how it performs and like you said how to ride is another, brother!!! BTW got my first notch last week on the GT, guy in his late 20's laughed saying things and well had to dust em'! He was slow moving and got a green light as I was stopped. Mid-ring, 4th gear to start out by the time I caught up he had noticed, it was on like donkey kong. See he pulled away again and I was already down to 7th gear, figured what the hell lets try this. Back up 4th engaged warp drive (took it up to the 52t ring, hammer the strokes like no tomorrow! Did not watch him at all at this point, by the time I clicked to the 6th gear things were whizzing by :O. Realized I went 4 blocks away from start point and slowed to a stop. Looked around and saw the guy flipping me off while coming closer. I just started to laugh uncontrollably. After he got up to me he asked,"HOW THE HELL DID YOU BEAT ME WITH THAT PIECE OF $%^+????". Told him that it was the aerodynamic perplexual greatness of my awesome looks! NAH just kidding on last line. I told him that alot of time, money, and effort was put into the GT! He still did not believe it as his 2010 Specialized Carbon Fiber got ate up by the Predator! Told him I would race him again, just to let me go home and get my Scwhinn Meridian Adult Trike to make it fair. AHAHA again just kidding. Went to shake his hand he turned and rode off. Oh well, went to take off and OUCH my legs were cramping, streched out a bit then slowly pedaled back to the shop.
Nice job on the wheel build and the bike in general Bill. Quite fancy a bit of GT triple triangle strangeness myself, but already have 3 whole bikes and almost enough parts to make a forth. Smile
You have 3 GT's? Awesome!!! And thank you for the compliment. Smile
(11-27-2012, 05:31 AM)xerxes Wrote:  Nice job on the wheel build and the bike in general Bill. Quite fancy a bit of GT triple triangle strangeness myself, but already have 3 whole bikes and almost enough parts to make a forth. Smile

Need to apologize I really did not understand until revisted this thread! You would like to play around with GT but already have 3 bikes of your own. So sorry about the misunderstanding. They are nice bikes too that you have.
Nice work, Bill. Glad to see it all came together well. :-)
Thanks it was definitely one of my finest and best projects!!!
since this is about triple triangle gt resto's, here are some shots of the one I picked up awhile back. Slated for a refurb sometime this summer.
Notice a flipflop stem on a threaded fork, the horizontal dropout on the front fork and the internal cable routing in the toptube. pretty cool stuff for a 1991
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Horizontal on the Fork? Unsafe for your intended use. Send to me for disposal. Smile
Really, though, what were they thinking, Bob? That's just nuts.
who knows Robar, but pretty cool none the less. bikes come and they go so I will not be restoring this one. I had to make a call on a sacrifice so I sold it a week or so ago for the cool price of $250. Gonna miss it for sure but I cannot keep them all Smile
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Would've been nice to see it restored but understandable! By the way I still got mine and it has become my main Sunday driving bike Wink!

P.S. Also in hurry to get wherever I need to lol. Wheels and drivetrain are still holding up awesome.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

08-15-2017, 08:55 AM
Last Post: idrivebig

08-15-2017, 04:24 AM
Last Post: Squarewheel

07-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Last Post: GeorgeET