Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Pedals for a Trek 2300
[attachment=3504]I recently acquired this Trek 2300. It came with a set of cheap resin MTB pedals that I want to replace with road pedals of quality comparable to rest of components. They are mostly Shimano RX-100 series. The front hub is (a replacement) Shimano 105. Any suggestions for which brand & model?
what ever works for you. Sylvan MKS are nice if you want a flat metal pedal, with or without toe clips.

take a look at what Amazon offers if the MKS does not suit your desires.
Nigel
As Nigel said any would work just beware there are two different size threaded pedals out there on the market! There is 9/16" (14.2875) hole with a 20TPI thread pitch. The other common one is 1/2" (12.7) with again a 20TPI thread pitch. One other thing to know about pedals is that one side is righty tighty, lefty loosey. The other pedal unscrews backwards thus being what is known as a left handed (reverse) thread. The side with the gears (cogs) is normally threaded and the other side is the on that is reverse threaded. Hope this helps a little.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Ya, lots of pedals out there. Those MKS Sylvans are nice. Myself, I favor the track style. I have a small foot so the reduced platform size isn't a deterrent even on long rides.

But back to my original post... what I was seeking was if anyone knew what make-model pedal was OEM on a TREK 2300? Or more generally, did these bikes come with clip-in style or clipless pedals?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post