Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Changing bearing types..
Ok I decided that I would like to get the same set up that Alex has on his GT Triple Triangle shown on his video "How to overhaul a Threaded Headset"! I am not sure of what that set up is called but I really like it. Unless someone has a better idea with out me having to buy a 200.00 facing and reaming tool to go threadless. Integrated headsets are out of the question too lol.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
No takers? Sad
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Trying to find them on google images but have not came across them yet bob. Wander if there is a sealed type that could replace the current ones I have? The ones I am trying to mimic are in the Video on this site I think video number 19. They look like caged but much different and more sturdier built then the normal type.
Maybe they are these???? http://www.ebay.com/itm/VGC-Campagnolo-C-Record-Aero-Headset-Aluminium-25-4x24f-Italian-Road-Bike-qC-/290773352657?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b37140d1 .
They look like these but not 100% sure if they are. Wish Alex was around Sad .
Bada bing bada boom, here they are...... http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Campagnolo-RECORD-1-headset-VGC-/160880241341?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257535aabd . Good news that I identified it, bad news is that I surely am not spending that kind of money on a headset lol! Still open to suggestions for a replacement??
I'm not entirely sure what the issue is Bill, do you just need a new 1" threaded headset for use with a quill stem?
Yes that's all I am doing. The one in it is not the best.
Maybe something like the MTongueart Elite: http://www.madison.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?&tier1=Components+%26+Hardware&tier2=Headsets+-+Threaded&catref=HPT602

This has similar ACB (Angular Contact Bearings) to the headsets on a couple of my bikes that are very smooth and have so far been long lasting. Certainly much better than the caged ball and needle roller bearing headsets I've had in the past.

The low 27mm stack height may be useful too.

You can also replace the bearings: http://www.madison.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?&catref=HPT0411
Very nice concept xerxes!!!! I still have to measure the correct size. Providing no facing is needed on the frame that looks pretty cool. Now I am in a little question of the J.I.S. and the I.O.S. There is another that was pointed out to me which is a replacement. Also will I have to change over my current handle bar configuration?
That's looking nice and looks pretty cool.

Possibly Related Threads...