Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Handle Bar Bra (Cover)
To some this may have been seen or no one here on the forums have?!?! I was reading on an instructable and found this kinda cool cover to keep the wind off your hands....
http://www.barbra.ca/ .
Kinda goofy looking but if it works then hey a new fad might emerge Smile .
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Bill if you buy one of those please do not ever tell anybody, its for your own good. above all never use it in public either Smile
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
You like that huh? Here is a different type of cover ....
http://www.thirdwave-websites.com/bike/rain-capes.cfm .
Wink right up your alley bob! Maybe RobAR has one of these Big Grin .
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Oh man, just do not ride in the rain. I have rain gear for my motorcycle that I had to use on some trips. Rubber booties to go over boots, rain suit, and hardware store rubber gloves, those work better than any expensive gloves I tried.

So if you are worried about wet hands just get rubber gloves....

10-4 to not being seen with a bra in public. :-))
Never Give Up!!!
Hm, the rubbery stuff does not work for me when cycling in the rain. I can mainly choose between the moisture source soaking me: either the rain from the outside or sweat from the inside...
Cold is something different, though. I thought about getting mitts to ride in the cold rather than using gloves, but the reduced dexterity scares me off, both when I still used down tube shifters and now that I have STIs. On the other hand it cannot be worse than my -50°C tested MEC GoreTex[TM] gloves. Anybody share some experience?
The barbra looks... well... dunno how to phrase that... but I can definitely see the idea behind it and relate to it. As most of you are far enough away you won't catch me using one even if I did (which I don't). Ah, the beauty of being one of the few Krauts in the forum Wink
Ahahaha ok maybe the fad idea won't take off on either of those. Now I like those Gortex gloves though!! I would install a fairing before going with a bra.
(11-01-2012, 01:30 PM)Bill Wrote:  Maybe RobAR has one of these Big Grin .
Absolutely, positively, No Way Bill! I'm much more svelte and suave with my umbrella!
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=umbrella+on+a+bicycle&view=detail&id=B0C7A46748AC15E0353BED6A895E810384422FA5&first=1

With my big moustache, though - I've never been called Mary Poppins. Smile
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
(11-02-2012, 08:42 PM)RobAR Wrote:  
(11-01-2012, 01:30 PM)Bill Wrote:  Maybe RobAR has one of these Big Grin .
Absolutely, positively, No Way Bill! I'm much more svelte and suave with my umbrella!
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=umbrella+on+a+bicycle&view=detail&id=B0C7A46748AC15E0353BED6A895E810384422FA5&first=1

With my big moustache, though - I've never been called Mary Poppins. Smile

Hahahaha that's really funny cuz I think I remember a movie that a guy had one of those. Can't remember what it was called it was just a quick moment. I could picture you with one of those coming off a jump and breaking your decent as it would double as a parachute.
Was it Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? I don't recall Dick Van Dyke ever sporting a moustache, though. Who was that guy in the movie Around The World In 80 Days?? Sam Elliot? Willy Wonka? Ed Asner? Luke Duke? Are you messing with me?
Wheelies don't pop themselves. (from a QBP fortune cookie)
Yea I'm messing with ya all the time Tongue