Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
Clunk!
Hi everyone,
I need help! I have recently had my gears re-alligned at a repair shop but I keep getting a clunk evry now and then. Everything is fine whilst I am peddling but if I am rolling and then start to pedal again, I get a clunk, I don't know if the chain slips slightly or the cog does. Can anyone help me please?
Just wanna ride!!!
more information required, and pictures - lots of pictures

the clunk is more likely in the freewheel or freehub (you have one or the other).
Nigel
(11-05-2012, 04:23 AM)nfmisso Wrote:  more information required, and pictures - lots of pictures

the clunk is more likely in the freewheel or freehub (you have one or the other).

How do I remedy this?
I have a Carerra Valour mountain bike, 21 speed Shimano gears
Just wanna ride!!!
If the problem is indeed the freewheel/freehub - remove the freewheel/freehub (special tools required) flush with solvent until clean; then relubricate with a light oil in solvent such as tri-flow.

If that does not solve the issue; replacement is usually the most economical route, though rebuild is possible.
Nigel
(11-04-2012, 04:37 PM)mickblue1 Wrote:  Hi everyone,
I need help! I have recently had my gears re-alligned at a repair shop but I keep getting a clunk evry now and then. Everything is fine whilst I am peddling but if I am rolling and then start to pedal again, I get a clunk, I don't know if the chain slips slightly or the cog does. Can anyone help me please?

Before you go back to the shop or whatever try to pedal harder/faster when shifting after a coast (or, "rolling"). Cadence issues? Most (not all, of course) clunks magically disappear once we learn to shift.