Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Help ID a FUJI
My 10 year old son bought this bike for a project. Two questions....1. Does anyone know the model/value? Can not find one like this anywhere. 2. Is it worth fixing? Says Fuji America, but also says made in Taiwan
more detailed pics would be nice, like the derailluers, shifters and things.
as it sits in the pic it looks like the seat post is backwards and the rear shock is missing. if original front fork it would place it mid 90s
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
it looks like a fuji diamond of sorts, get more pics
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
I'm not sure but Fuji has an archive from 2006-Newer here...
http://www.fujibikes.com/archive# .
I'll try some other sources too.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
There is no doubt its a Diamond mid 90s, they had the diamond,or black diamond, then up the ranks to the double-diamond and the triple diamond. 97', 98', give or take
There is something throwing me off and Bob you can tell me if I am correct. But look closely is there a suspension shock missing between the two parts of the frame, would lay horizontal. I edited the picture and the white arrows show where I am talking about.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Bob I agree with ya as it maybe just that, but there is something VERY peculiar about that style of frame. Can't put my finger on it but I know I have seen this certain one somewhere!
Bob you are awesome!!! Here it is with information....
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=1997&Brand=Fuji&Model=Diamond&Type=bike#.UKB2qWck-00
I had this one bookmarked for a friend lol. Looks like it was quite the pricey bike back in the day!
yes it is missing, if that helps your sanity Bill. that will be a must to replace on this project. i hope they post better close up picks of the overall condition, but to help answer the question of to fix up or not to fix up would depend on the wallet as usual. find a rear shock and the rest of the bike looks pretty good from that pic, i want more pics.
As you know Bill, things add up fast on a resto and it is nothing to lay down 2,3,4.....hundred bucks or more to get r done nice
(gulp) yeah I learned my lesson on the GT project on the cost lol. Yeah I would like to see more pics too Big Grin. After all spent past 30mins looking through search engines lol. Tongue . Finding the AD4 Cane Creek is probably impossible. However, he could write cane creek and get the dimensions for a suitable replacement.
That link sure looks like it Bill, but whats the deal with the stem on the blue one.the frame looks familiar because a lot of low end dept store bikes mimic this style of full suspension/pogo sticks. yea, a good rear shock with rebound dampening is a must for these or it will feel like a walmart bike pogo stick. when you jump the bike it should not bounce like a ball. that will kill ya for sure!
They couldve been replaced, but will not know until he posts some closer pics. Lol at your pogo sticks!! That's pretty funny Big Grin . They are almost like blown shocks on a car, you know the ones that are still bouncing at the red light 1/2 mile down the road after they hit the bump Wink .
EDIT: YUP absolutely does look like the Pacific Cycle low ender copy cats, this one is the REAL DEAL though.
[attachment=3718][attachment=3719][attachment=3720][attachment=3721][attachment=3722]
(11-11-2012, 09:52 PM)armonline Wrote:  My 10 year old son bought this bike for a project. Two questions....1. Does anyone know the model/value? Can not find one like this anywhere. 2. Is it worth fixing? Says Fuji America, but also says made in Taiwan

Yes, it is missing a shock (have no idea where to find). More pics as requested.....
[quote='armonline' pid='25016' dateline='1352685120']
My 10 year old son bought this bike for a project. Two questions....1. Does anyone know the model/value? Can not find one like this anywhere. 2. Is it worth fixing? Says Fuji America, but also says made in Taiwan
(11-12-2012, 12:06 AM)Bill Wrote:  Bob I agree with ya as it maybe just that, but there is something VERY peculiar about that style of frame. Can't put my finger on it but I know I have seen this certain one somewhere!
Bob you are awesome!!! Here it is with information....
http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=1997&Brand=Fuji&Model=Diamond&Type=bike#.UKB2qWck-00
I had this one bookmarked for a friend lol. Looks like it was quite the pricey bike back in the day!

Thanks for finding that link Bill! I posted more pictures
You said it was a project for your son? I would say yes it would be worth fixing up. The only thing that may get into a little bit of a cost is finding a decent rear shock. That is what painkiller and I were saying. I did a little research on trying to find a replacement for it and wasn't having to much luck (someone may have better luck). Nice bike and doesn't look that bad! My 10yr old daughter knows how to do almost anything I can when it comes to working on bikes! Best way is to let them do the work and stand by as a mentor Wink . Only part that I really do not let her do is handling anything considered to be "dangerous level". Per say toxic chemicals, power tools, etc. for her safety. She watches from a safe distance.
Yes it is really fun teaching kids, spending time together, and best of all seeing them take off on something they built or rebuilt.
(11-12-2012, 09:34 AM)Bill Wrote:  You said it was a project for your son? I would say yes it would be worth fixing up. The only thing that may get into a little bit of a cost is finding a decent rear shock. That is what painkiller and I were saying. I did a little research on trying to find a replacement for it and wasn't having to much luck (someone may have better luck). Nice bike and doesn't look that bad! My 10yr old daughter knows how to do almost anything I can when it comes to working on bikes! Best way is to let them do the work and stand by as a mentor Wink . Only part that I really do not let her do is handling anything considered to be "dangerous level". Per say toxic chemicals, power tools, etc. for her safety. She watches from a safe distance.
Yes it is really fun teaching kids, spending time together, and best of all seeing them take off on something they built or rebuilt.

Thanks Bill, This is my son's 10th bike. He has sold three so far, has a few for sale now, but the time of year in NJ is tough. We live close to Kopp's (oldest bike shop in the USA), they are on the Fuji website as a dealer to try. Maybe I will have luck with them. My son says he might keep this one and sell his bike (we bought before he started this). This is a terrific website. Glad I found it!
Very true I'm in NY like your neighbor lol. Glad you have a local bike shop close!
(11-13-2012, 01:54 AM)Bill Wrote:  Very true I'm in NY like your neighbor lol. Glad you have a local bike shop close!

Bill,

Is this what I need?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cane-Creek-Rear-Air-Shock-A-D-4-Not-Fox-Or-Rock-Shock-/140871745805?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item20cc9c410d&nma=true&si=JlR6mvNNCfgegp1QelWUfGvHTZQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Sorry did not get back to you. Hmm the overall length of the above one is like 7inches. The one that is missing on your bike is like 5.5inches, so it may work as it is like 1.5"inches longer. Just to be sure I would email cane creek. http://www.canecreek.com .
(11-16-2012, 10:12 AM)Bill Wrote:  Sorry did not get back to you. Hmm the overall length of the above one is like 7inches. The one that is missing on your bike is like 5.5inches, so it may work as it is like 1.5"inches longer. Just to be sure I would email cane creek. http://www.canecreek.com .

Thanks Bill, The guy sold it. I'll keep looking. Really appreciate your guidance

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

09-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Last Post: cny-man

05-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Last Post: jimkjr

02-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Painkiller