Bicycle TutorBicycle Tutor

Show off your bike!

Related video tutorials:
Rusted Wheel
On a bike ride I noticed my front wheel has a rust spot. Tomorrow (or whenever) I will be deflating the tire to check for a check on the inside. I will report back to here.

It is just a little rust spot. I think it is just surface rust, nothing to worry about now. I will be deflating the tire and checking the inside of the wheel just to make sure if there is no rust spots on the inside as well. I just don't want to be riding then all of a sudden have a blowout thanks to the tube finding a hole in the rust.

I'll report back on here on what I find.
Theres a good video on how to remove rust from a wheel on this very site....

http://bicycletutor.com/rust-removal/
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Thank You, but the wheel I'm talking about is not chrome.

Instead, it's an metal-alloy type. Remember I'm talking about a "new" Huffy Mountain Bike, nothing high-end.

However, thanks. I'll keep it in mind and try it. But one question. Where can I find light oil?
Hardware stores, lowes, DIY, Ace Hardware, 3-in-1 oil would work.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Even motor Oil, like 5W30 or 10W-30 will work..

Even olive oil... With a very fine steel wool
(11-20-2012, 05:48 AM)garrett01 Wrote:  Thank You, but the wheel I'm talking about is not chrome.

Instead, it's an metal-alloy type. Remember I'm talking about a "new" Huffy Mountain Bike, nothing high-end.

However, thanks. I'll keep it in mind and try it. But one question. Where can I find light oil?

your wheel is steel.

aluminum (aka alloy) does not rust - in the traditional sense.
Nigel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Restoring extremely rusted rims on bike aegis 5 3,377 07-25-2016, 08:08 PM
Last Post: GeorgeET